2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome update thanks TPOWER. Keep them coming we are watching this like a hawk. As soon as there is enough we are there. Dont matter what day it is. Dont look like enough for me just yet. Lol

summit1000

Reaction score
So, sorry if this has already been asked and answered already, but I have never been to Valemount, so I'm not sure about this. Is there any way to get up to where there is snow without driving the sled up? Like the first pictures showed that snow was "okay" (okay meaning that there was snow lol) at the 7km mark on Allan Creek.....is there a way to get to the 7km mark without riding 7km's of dirt (might be less now if it has snowed more), but anyways, I'm sure you guys get my point...basically, is there a way to get up there without riding through dirt?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, sorry if this has already been asked and answered already, but I have never been to Valemount, so I'm not sure about this. Is there any way to get up to where there is snow without driving the sled up? Like the first pictures showed that snow was "okay" (okay meaning that there was snow lol) at the 7km mark on Allan Creek.....is there a way to get to the 7km mark without riding 7km's of dirt (might be less now if it has snowed more), but anyways, I'm sure you guys get my point...basically, is there a way to get up there without riding through dirt?

Negative.

drag_it

Reaction score
It's called wait till there's more snow

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Helicopter lol
No seriously ill explain tonight when I get me chores done. There's different factors that effect the snow on the trail.

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So summit , no there is no way to get to good snow line to unload.
This is the scenario here . For starters everyone rides Allen creek first because in 7-8 km you are at say 5000 plus feet. So short trail to get to elevation . Snow is sitting at 4000 feet and above. Allan creek is a sled only trail , the trail is used with off road vehicles to do maintenance , that is y u may see a pic with a quad , side by side etc. now the problem with Allan is you can get a truck in about 2 km but that it , there is to many creeks , small bridges , steep banks etc . So let's say u unload on the 1/2 inch of snow 2 km in ( I AM NOT PROMOTING DRIVING ANYTHING UP THE ALLAN TRAIL TO BE CLEAR)
So once u unload and say well this is enough for the sliders to stay cool , the problem is after a km you hit a switch back that didn't get any snow or the Suns been beating on it so now u have a km of no snow . This is real common for Clemina because the trail is over 20 Kms in. You unload at 10 km mark in 6 plus inches then u hit a 3-4 km sun beating section that's has nothing. The reason you can drive so far up Clemina is because it's a fire service road pretty much to the cabin.
You say your not familiar with Valemount , I can tell you this but don't tell anyone lol
We get wicked snow and have some pretty insane terrain from novice to expert.
So I hope this was helpful
Thanks
TPOWER

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the scenario here . For starters everyone rides Allen creek first because in 7-8 km you are at say 5000 plus feet. So short trail to get to elevation . Snow is sitting at 4000 feet and above. Allan creek is a sled only trail , the trail is used with off road vehicles to do maintenance , that is y u may see a pic with a quad , side by side etc. now the problem with Allan is you can get a truck in about 2 km but that it , there is to many creeks , small bridges , steep banks etc . So let's say u unload on the 1/2 inch of snow 2 km in ( I AM NOT PROMOTING DRIVING ANYTHING UP THE ALLAN TRAIL TO BE CLEAR)
So once u unload and say well this is enough for the sliders to stay cool , the problem is after a km you hit a switch back that didn't get any snow or the Suns been beating on it so now u have a km of no snow . This is real common for Clemina because the trail is over 20 Kms in. You unload at 10 km mark in 6 plus inches then u hit a 3-4 km sun beating section that's has nothing. The reason you can drive so far up Clemina is because it's a fire service road pretty much to the cabin.
You say your not familiar with Valemount , I can tell you this but don't tell anyone lol
Thanks
TPOWER

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"
Well said TPOWER

summit1000

Reaction score
Thanks
TPOWER

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

Thanks! That is definitely helpful. I'm thinking of maybe heading up to McBride and doing Lucille this weekend. Other guys on the forum were saying that they unloaded at the 4km mark on Lucille last Saturday.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terry, you are hired......wait never mind, you can keep volunteering! Thanks a lot for your help while I have been away.
You sir, are a good man.

I remember that day in October Maxwell...lol ouch....lol

Finally home tomorrow and bringing a trailer back with some new iron on it! Stoked!

Unfortunately the 7 day forecast is not looking in anyones favor :mad:

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terry, you are hired......wait never mind, you can keep volunteering! Thanks a lot for your help while I have been away.
You sir, are a good man.

I remember that day in October Maxwell...lol ouch....lol

Finally home tomorrow and bringing a trailer back with some new iron on it! Stoked!

Unfortunately the 7 day forecast is not looking in anyones favor :mad:

No problem Curtis at all . I didn't want to post the forecast , it isn't pretty .

Curtis maybe u should pick up a new set of skegs and skies for your new iron on your way home lol
If I bought the helli i could just tell lisa its Varda's and it comes with volunteering .

Sorry for this pic

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just hope it will be safe to ride come December! Please keep photos and info coming! Thanks a lot Curtis and Terry!

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like we'll be getting dumped on at the end of the month...as that high pressure zone moves out :D

Sent from my iPhone while drinkin a bud light

Top Bottom