2013 xm sp bumper question

New_M7_Ryder

Reaction score
I smashed my sled late in the season and have not had the chance to fix it yet but i think its time now. what i am wondering is if it is worth changing the bumper to a stronger one and what ones are available. thanks

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a few bent bumpers, a few bent pipes, but nothing more expensive broken. I'm okay with a bumper or two a year. Getting rid of those rivets would be nice

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I like the flimsy front bumper also. Only $50 bucks and a little work and it is good to go!

I change out the back bumper the heavy duty BRP one. It gives the tunnel a lot more support and one can pull out the dead Poo's and AC's with it..:D

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a few bent bumpers, a few bent pipes, but nothing more expensive broken. I'm okay with a bumper or two a year. Getting rid of those rivets would be nice

Those rivets are a pain in the ass

I've heard of guys putting threaded inserts into the bumpers and bolting them on.

I went through 2 XM bumpers last year.... Apparently I like to run into trees. The only problem I ran into was when I went to order the second one in early April and they were backordered with an ETA of July so I picked up a Skinz aftermarket bumper.

murrin

Reaction score
I got a heavy bumper for my XM from JT Metals. Looks awesome, a lot stronger than stock. I put a CF rear bumper on from Straightline Performance.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YES!!
I just found them at Home Depot.

They are called "Sert-a-Nut"

Comes with the install kit and 6 nuts.

10-32 round head bolts and you are set!!

I've heard of guys putting threaded inserts into the bumpers and bolting them on.

I went through 2 XM bumpers last year.... Apparently I like to run into trees. The only problem I ran into was when I went to order the second one in early April and they were backordered with an ETA of July so I picked up a Skinz aftermarket bumper.

Top Bottom