2013 Pro 800 no fuel??

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K... I have 2013 Pro 800 with MTNTK Turbo... Today it died "No Fuel" so having said that has anyone had a fuel failure issue on a complete stock sled? If so what are the obvious to look for... ? I have only checked all connections at this point. So any input would be great!

Cheers!

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not checked filter, nor have I checked pump voltage as of yet.. So just asking to see if anyone else has ever had fuel pump failure etc.. Thanks for input.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well It can't to major Stacey.......its fkn brand new..... will get her all fixed up.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did it "die"? What happened exactly when it happened? You say no fuel but is their anymore info you can give? How do you know it's not getting fuel? Could be a number of different things...

• Recommends
Reactions: NM

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It quit .. Just like running out of fuel. Nothing happened other than that! I have not tested all electrical due to time... So having said thatI pulled plugs they were brown but dry... Checked spark..looked in cylinders with light .. Dry. Check comp for sh!ts & giggles all good... Put new plugs in pulled over, pulled plugs no fuel, put a teaspoon fuel in cyl.. Started then died.. That's all I have done at this point and time! So I will check FP & ac/dc Voltage regulator tomorrow ...

turbo man 21

Reaction score
It quit .. Just like running out of fuel. Nothing happened other than that! I have not tested all electrical due to time... So having said thatI pulled plugs they were brown but dry... Checked spark..looked in cylinders with light .. Dry. Check comp for sh!ts & giggles all good... Put new plugs in pulled over, pulled plugs no fuel, put a teaspoon fuel in cyl.. Started then died.. That's all I have done at this point and time! So I will check FP & ac/dc Voltage regulator tomorrow ...

Hey, just an idea, when you slowly turn your motor over do you hear your fuel pump at all kick on? If not, check the orange wire that goes into the harness where it plugs into the ecu. I've seen a few after a while and new out of the crate that do not make proper contact with the ecu, because the clip tab is broken off inside the plug. Which allows the wire to move backwards so contact is lost.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well.. I went and fiddle farted around some more pulled all connectors apart again.. Put hood on and panels and pulled 2 times.. Running just fine.. Don't know but will look closer when time permits..

Cheers

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've just replaced my fuel pump. Similar issues. Would start sometimes and only run at idle. Expensive little bugger to. Almost $600.00

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've just replaced my fuel pump. Similar issues. Would start sometimes and only run at idle. Expensive little bugger to. Almost $600.00

Thanks Moto5151...Question can a faulty fuel pump be intermittent? Or when they fail are they done?

Last edited:

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless overheating (obviously not) fuel pumps are pretty go or no with pumping, pressure is another story. Sounds like just a loose or faulty connector.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, mine was intermittent. It just died on on the Hill. I would start it, and go. If I stayed in high rpm range it worked fine, until I let off. Then it would die. Restart, amd go....
I had it not start a few times in the garage, to the point where I brought it to the dealer. They experienced the same issues. We We finally just changed it, and it's all better.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, mine was intermittent. It just died on on the Hill. I would start it, and go. If I stayed in high rpm range it worked fine, until I let off. Then it would die. Restart, amd go....
I had it not start a few times in the garage, to the point where I brought it to the dealer. They experienced the same issues. We We finally just changed it, and it's all better.

Thanks... I appreciate the feedback!

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an electrical gremlin to me. Do you run a tether? I would have a good look at it or try unplugging it and go for a rip. Doesn't sound like a fuel pimp to me jmo

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an electrical gremlin to me. Do you run a tether? I would have a good look at it or try unplugging it and go for a rip. Doesn't sound like a fuel pimp to me jmo

Ya ... No issues at all now! Inspected everything that I could.. Tested.. No bad connectors! That's why I ask if fuel pump could be intermittent ... Been on Yamaha 4 strokes since 2005... So just gettin this Pro all figured out! Fug this thing is a hoot to ride!

rugbynitro

Reaction score
Dollars to donuts it was frozen water in the fuel. Same thing happened to me.

Use Petro-Canada premium gas and/or use some Seafoam in every tank when it's really cold.

Never a problem since then.

Top Bottom