2013/2014 Season Summary

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I am not finished quite yet but a summary so far.......:d

I have not left the Elk Valley this year! That is different for me. Days of riding are down at 50 but still adding up. Last year it was 76 days. Kilometers to date are 2400+.

I jumped on the CCSO (Canadian Council of Snowmobile Organizations) theme of "take a friend snowmobiling" and I have taken out 120 people (some more than once) for tours this past winter. It was a fun filled and busy winter with one stretch of 10 days in a row!

Late rideable snow and a cold snap were not conducive to early season riding. Other than the trail whoops, spring riding has been great...:d

Fernie had better snow this year than Elkford and I rode there 70% of the time or 35 days. Nice powder days in Fernie later in the season made up for the late start.

A few more trips still planned and I will up-date later........maybe even get my truck washed, eh!

IMG_2986.jpg

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
12 amazing days for me.
Every day had great conditions and awesome friends.
Made some new friends this year that I'll be riding with for a long time. The usual group never fails to entertain.

• Sicamous
  • Fernie
  • Elkford
  • Cataract (Family Day with Friends)

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
21 days on the Sled this year
Real good days this year for an old guy
put over 1600 miles on the 13 XM
Mcbride
Blue River
Sicamous
Yellowstone
Valemount
Revy
Highlight was Yellowstone and Eagles Pass in the Burnout area

birdie:cool:

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 40 days and 2600kms of riding. Mainly McBride, Renshaw, Belle, Teare, Tommy, Blueberry, Blueriver, Salmon, Groundhog, Foam, White River, Monashee Cat Ski Tenure south of Joss Mountain.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More than last year. Ten days of riding in the mountains, approx. 1000km total. One more trip to go. Hopefully more next year.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your season was cut short but sure sounds like you had one heck of a start to it! I was lucky enough to try mareshow's TSS Turbo XM and man does that thing rip.

Here's hoping you have the best season of your life so far next season! :beer:

Heck ya!! Super stoked to go riding next year, me an Marek have been sharing ideas when it comes to sledding photography, super stoked to go riding and meet up with new people next year! Maxwell If I see ya around vale you can definitely take the tss xm for a few rips around the hill anytime brother!!

Sent from my iPhone while drinkin a bud light

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heck ya!! Super stoked to go riding next year, me an Marek have been sharing ideas when it comes to sledding photography, super stoked to go riding and meet up with new people next year! Maxwell If I see ya around vale you can definitely take the tss xm for a few rips around the hill anytime brother!!

Sent from my iPhone while drinkin a bud light

I propose a duel... to the death... with cameras... might take a while though and if the snow is good we should probably ride too haha

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
only 700kms this winter, to many cold days this winter in the north....5 local rides...3 days in Revy...1 day at Sicamous

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I propose a duel... to the death... with cameras... might take a while though and if the snow is good we should probably ride too haha

I will add to this duel. While you guys are shooting with your cameras, me and maxi get to do crazy chit on your two TXM's :thumbsup2:

Over 3200 problem free miles on my XM's this year. Usually put on another thousand, but we had a slow start and then a very strange month of Feb. Unusual winter around here for sure.

Ridings definitely not over yet though:p

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will add to this duel. While you guys are shooting with your cameras, me and maxi get to do crazy chit on your two TXM's :thumbsup2:

Over 3200 problem free miles on my XM's this year. Usually put on another thousand, but we had a slow start and then a very strange month of Feb. Unusual winter around here for sure.

You sir have an accord! except one problem... my turbo is for sale... :(

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

challenge excepted, tho you might do some damage with that cannon of yours lol

this will be a battle of epic proportions... it must be done:cool:

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Planned on having a busy riding year this year and it started off good with unreal snow here in the Whitecourt area by middle of November, but injuries and break downs plauged my year. Rode 3 times around here by November 19 but re-tore my ACL graft on the third ride. Was down and out until just before new years. Rode plenty in the beginning of January around here and got up to valemount once as well for 3 days but blew up my primary clutch around here jan 14 and apparently broke a bunch of rear skid parts on a couple crashes and hard flat landings in Valemount when the drought and cold snap was on so sled was in the shop getting fixed and waiting on Arctic Cat to approve all the warranty stuff I had to get done. Was on holidays for the first few weeks in february and finally got back to the hills end of feb for 4 days. A few more rides in March around here and back to the hills end of March for another 4 days, but on the first day of that trip had another bad spill and hurt my right leg, I could barely walk but rode for three more days as the snow was the deepest I had ever seen, ecspecially in chappell. Got home and went to the doc to find out I had a hairline crack in my right femur, end of my season right there, so I had to cancel on two more trips to the hills, one to mcbride and one to blue river/valemount and Im still healing. Overall I put on over 1500km, rode whitecourt and area (virginia hills, silversummit/tomhill, goose tower/house mountain) valemount (clemina 4X, chappell 4x, allan 1x) blue river (foam creek 1x salmon lake 1x) Was a decent year but had the potential to be way better. Was gonna buy a new sled next year but I have run out of space and need a bigger house so the sled upgrade is on hold until the 16's come out, I guess itll be one more year on the old girl, hoping for some better luck in 15

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This year sucked. Rode Revy most of the time, one trip to Fernie and one trip to Kusters at Queest. That long dry spell in Jan-Feb sucked. Looking for quality and not quantity at this point in my life. Need better snow next year.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow tmo1620 despite the injury and warranty stuff it still sounds like you had a great season. Hope you heal and 2014/2015 treats you right

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ironicly ... we luv'ed the snow drought in feb, it let us get into places we've never been and build trails for the rest of the season.

Rodgers said snowboarding (the weekend before the drought broke) was some of the best turns of the season as shadow snow was still deep and total champayne powder under bluebird skies.
I regretted not bringing my board that day !!!

when life gives you lemons, drink tequila !!!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another quiet year for me......

Got about 40 miles in from riding from my house out back, and close to 250 miles in Revy this past March.

Top Bottom