2013/2014 Season Summary

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also had an epic year again! Rode 3000km so far and have been very blessed with zero issues all year. Areas I hit this year:

-Frisby Ridge, Revy
-Boulder Mtn, Revy
-Noneofyourbusiness Ridge, Revy
-Zippermouth Creek, Revy
-IfyoutellI'llkillyou, Revy
-Eagles Pass, Sicamous
-Clemina, Vale
-Allan Creek, Vale
-The Renshaw, Mcbride
-Horsey Creek, Mcbride
-Salmon Lake, Blue River
-Parberry(Red Sands), Blue River
-Groundhog, Blue River
-Big Sky, Montana
-Two Top Loop, Montana
-South Plateau, Montana
-Big Sky Trail area, Montana

I think I might be missing a couple but all in all it was an epic season. Had several weekends of over the handlebars snow :) Met some new people, Got to take some insane photos of some awesome riders and got to have an overall awesome time with all.

1973520_539738799479329_1113483712_o.jpg

1501632_502837849836091_1281410907_o.jpg

I think the Highlight for me was the AST 2 trip as well. I was laughing to the point of tears so many times, what a group dynamic! anyone up for a Reunion next year?

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far maybe 300 miles in 5 rides. Going to ride 3 more days this weekend and then that'll be it for this year. First time going to the mountains was this year so I'll definitely be doing alot more of that next winter.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did not get as much big hill time as i would have liked but got in lots of day rides 24 total split 1400kms between the 12 and 13 but the good news is heading back to revy for the the weekend tomorrow night then i think it will be done

Don't be late for class on Monday Blair! :p haha or if you are bring coffee...with baileys for the teacher ;) :beer:

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what did you think of the riding in the USA. they say we have it pretty good up here in BC but looks pretty cool to me

It's very different, they do not have the height of mountains like BC does.You do not gain a ton of altitude when going to the alpine and there is no tree line. vegetation is different, the tree riding is very different
the trees dont have to branches for like 30 ft so you're riding through trunks essentially. As far as technical terrain goes, there isnt as many transitions in terrain like there is here. I mean slope angle doesnt vary as much as it does in BC.
Peaks arent as aggressive and jagged as they are in say the valemount area and you are at High altitude all the time (10,000 ft ish or around there) would i experience it again? probably, it was a different experience. You can sled in town and you can see more sleds on the roads than cars. Trail system is amazing and perfectly groomed, oh yeah and yearly trail pass: $25 for montana, Idaho is $18 if i remember right.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
OK...I have to ask. Zippermouth anything is just a nice way of saying I won't tell right?! haha

That is how I use it! I also add another thought; if I take you into Zipper Mouth Creek, it is a gift and don't go blabbing it all over the place. Otherwise, when you come back again, it very likely will be all tracked out and not worth the effort. I may be a little different with "Zipper Mouth Creek" spots but I don't think so....:d

I had a great year but I am still thinking about the written summary and still riding............I'll get it posted later.:D

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had 6.5 days. not much but better than last year.
The highlight was my AST2 course with TriggerPoint.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1600 miles each between me and my boy, rode 4 new 2014 sleds approx 800 miles each Epic winter for us, rode 32 days and snow was un real every trip for us. We definitely had a winter to remember. Now waiting fir our new 15 sleds so we can do it all over again.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only one big trip for me this year in late nov/early dec. on my second year riding in the mountains

managed to racked up 650Kms

-Local entrance into the back of quest
-Boulder mtn
-Sale mtn
-Frisby ridge

Very short second season but it was nothing short from amazing, Highlights of the year include Taking a Ast course, Turboing my '13 xm and getting to Ride with kyle micku in a local spot in the back of quest. I consider myself a pretty good mountain rider but being the very first ride of the season I am pretty sure i pooped myself maybe 10 to 15 times that day:eek:, Absolutely amazing day. Then Meeting up with Cuso and his crew and being shown around sale mountain with lots of laughs and overall great time.

Also staying at the peaks:beer: i got to meet up with Dan aka lilduke and rode boulder/frisby for the rest of the trip with friends and family included, 5 days straight of blue bird after a major storm and a freshly turboed sled made for a great time!!:cool:

After returning to work the following week i suffered a serious leg/ankle injury and missed out on pretty much everything for the rest of the season:mad:,

changed shifts to 7&7 so will be planning on riding almost every set of days off +vacation next winter! super stoked and cant wait for next season!! cheers:beer:

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1600 miles each between me and my boy, rode 4 new 2014 sleds approx 800 miles each Epic winter for us, rode 32 days and snow was un real every trip for us. We definitely had a winter to remember. Now waiting fir our new 15 sleds so we can do it all over again.

WHat did you order?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only one big trip for me this year in late nov/early dec. on my second year riding in the mountains

managed to racked up 650Kms

-Local entrance into the back of quest
-Boulder mtn
-Sale mtn
-Frisby ridge

Very short second season but it was nothing short from amazing, Highlights of the year include Taking a Ast course, Turboing my '13 xm and getting to Ride with kyle micku in a local spot in the back of quest. I consider myself a pretty good mountain rider but being the very first ride of the season I am pretty sure i pooped myself maybe 10 to 15 times that day:eek:, Absolutely amazing day. Then Meeting up with Cuso and his crew and being shown around sale mountain with lots of laughs and overall great time.

Also staying at the peaks:beer: i got to meet up with Dan aka lilduke and rode boulder/frisby for the rest of the trip with friends and family included, 5 days straight of blue bird after a major storm and a freshly turboed sled made for a great time!!:cool:

After returning to work the following week i suffered a serious leg/ankle injury and missed out on pretty much everything for the rest of the season:mad:,

changed shifts to 7&7 so will be planning on riding almost every set of days off +vacation next winter! super stoked and cant wait for next season!! cheers:beer:

Sorry to hear your season was cut short but sure sounds like you had one heck of a start to it! I was lucky enough to try mareshow's TSS Turbo XM and man does that thing rip.

Here's hoping you have the best season of your life so far next season! :beer:

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Learned that an rmk with a 3 inch track and bd turbo is turn key and tons of fun. Also learned that snowbikes are becoming very popular and look like fun for some conditions.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
78 days so far, much less than previous 2 seasons ...

only 4000km, doesn't sound like much, but many snowboard laps and short trails to the alpine keep the km's down.

I got a ride to silent pass for my first time there in late feb. other than that only used 2 trail heads all season.

it was a good season !!!

and it aint over yet, I'm hoping to ride in may june july ...

anyone want to ride in T-shirts and drink beer ???

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and it aint over yet, I'm hoping to ride in may june july ...

anyone want to ride in T-shirts and drink beer ???
Yes! Also looking to ride in June and July. Have done lots of May riding but want to do some true summer riding lol.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spectacular first full season in the mountains. Blessed to share every ride with my 14 year old and many good friends. 2 new Pro's performed very well for about 1000 miles each. Rode Renshaw, Horsey Creek, Eagles Pass and Blue Lake. 6 trips total. Hope to beat that next season.

Top Bottom