2013/2014 Season Summary

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of sledders like myself are packing up for the year, would love to hear from others how many kms, areas ridden and what their high lights of their season were.

I topped out at just under 1800kms this season on my '14 XM. Some of the areas I rode were:

- Lucille, McBride BC
- Allen Creek, Valemount, BC
- Columbia Falls, Montana,
- Ladybird, Castlegar BC
- Hope Creek, Golden BC
- Chatter Creek, Golden BC
- Green, Kamloops BC
- Eagles Pass, Sicamous BC
- Quartz, Golden BC
- Boulder, Revelstoke BC
- Trout Lake, BC
- Frisby Ride, Revelstoke BC
- Joss Pass, Revelstoke BC
Was also up in Alaska for a week in December but fridgid temps and low snow prevented me from riding.
*I know I'm forgetting some*

The one biggest highlight of my season was the AST2 course with Soulrides and getting to meet a bunch of new snow and mudders in that course. We had such a great crew for it, lots of laughs and just a great time.

Another memorable moment was a night ride up Frisby as I'd never done that before. Just wish I hadn't had a broken ankle for that.

All in all an incredible year.

Can't wait to hear some stories from you guys!

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently at about 1500km

Rode some new areas that I've been wanting to see:

Allen Creek
Salmon Lake
Eagles Pass

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Allen Creek
Salmon Lake
Eagles Pass

You have more trips planned? Out of the new areas you rode, which was your favorite? Sounds like you have had an awesome season too!! :beer: :D

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Allen Creek
Salmon Lake
Eagles Pass

We should go look for ur mount at eagles

sent while I should be drinking tea's

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is impressive since you have to travel to ride! Nice job, and a bunch of it with a broken ankle!

2952 km's so far, few more sunny day rides to go!
many awesome new spots, but I ain't saying, ��

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have more trips planned? Out of the new areas you rode, which was your favorite? Sounds like you have had an awesome season too!! :beer: :D

Nothing planned yet but I will get out for another couple rides. Also rode Hospital Creek in Golden for the first time this year. Salmon was definitely the best and had the best snow.

We should go look for ur mount at eagles

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Yeah we should, how late can a guy ride up there... June?

Also need to find my GPS up raft.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing planned yet but I will get out for another couple rides. Also rode Hospital Creek in Golden for the first time this year. Salmon was definitely the best and had the best snow.

Yeah we should, how late can a guy ride up there... June?

Also need to find my GPS up raft.

Where's Salmon? Like Salmon Arm?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is impressive since you have to travel to ride! Nice job, and a bunch of it with a broken ankle!

many awesome new spots, but I ain't saying, ��

Spoken like a local hehe ;) :beer:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where's Salmon? Like Salmon Arm?
Salmon Lake, it's south of Blue River. It was nice and deep that day.

Excuse the editing it was my first time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftQCtboBuao

I wish I could have tagged along with you to Green I have never been there. A buddy is supposed to show me around but probably won't happen this year now.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
43 rides so far and 3300km. 39 of those rides were bumper deep or better. Just slayed this year and got wicked pow!

One ride left for me in the first week of May and I am done.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Salmon Lake, it's south of Blue River. It was nice and deep that day.

Excuse the editing it was my first time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftQCtboBuao

I wish I could have tagged along with you to Green I have never been there. A buddy is supposed to show me around but probably won't happen this year now.

It was a hidden gem I tell ya! I was shocked at how good it was there and the amount of terrain. Next time I go I'll try to remember to fire you a message.

1524953_10153686846785111_1020378120_n.jpg

43 rides so far and 3300km. 39 of those rides were bumper deep or better. Just slayed this year and got wicked pow!

One ride left for me in the first week of May and I am done.

And you have a LOT of interesting stories out of that 3300kms ridden there Chris. haha. We should get the crew together for season ender beers and jager for your mom!

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
18 days of riding, which pales in comparison to many, but is good for me. I am a bit of a snow snob, so I passed on about another 8 days of riding in jan/feb.

1350km total this year, only damage was one blown belt (1450km on it) and one bent bumper.

Areas ridden: Boulder, Frisby, Keystone, Griffin, Joss.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

many awesome new spots, but I ain't saying, 

If that's the case...then PLEASE don't tell people about other areas in the Kootenay's that you travel to...and are awesome :D

Just Sayin' :D

Last edited:

SparkBuilder

Reaction score
Got in about 10 days in the mountains and 800 kms, being my first season I was pretty happy with that but I'd like to double that next year. Got to try a few different riding areas out and rode some of the most incredible terrain I've ever seen, can't wait to explore out there more. Lucked out and had some headlight-deep powder days on the first couple trips, got stuck more times than I can count and loved every minute of it. Had a few bumps, scrapes and wrecks along the way but it all worked out in the end. Biggest highlight of the year was probably all the awesome people I met out riding and in the towns we stayed in. Made a lot of new friends and some pretty good memories. Never enjoyed a winter as much as I did this year.

Areas I rode were
Quartz Creek, Golden
Brewer Creek, Fairmont
Forster, Radium
Clemina Creek, Valemount
Allen Creek, Valemount
Silent Pass, Golden
Gorman Lake, Golden

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put in about 16 days of mountain riding and a bunch of rides back in sasky aswell no idea the km
Areas i rode were

boulder 7days
eagles pass 1 day
Quartz creek 7 days
hospital creek 1 day

i hope to make it out to the mountains alot more next year but it is a long hike for me would like to ride sicamous more next year but thats an even longer hike for me
56.jpg i think a few pics of our advetures is almost a must

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had a rather lame season unfortunately. had some big expenses and wasnt able to ride or attend any of the events i had planned on. looks like ill peg my 2014 XM at 2000km this season so still pretty good but a little lower than usual. i did have 2 other sleds at my disposal so i likely logged 2500km total. most of the areas i frequented were 9-10km trail rides so i dont typically rack up the milage.

overall good season, no injuries no damage other than my backup sled i backed over with my trailer......oh and i guess i did bend a rail LOL. we had a really crappy november with sub par snow following all the way through until mid febuary. then things started to get good!! but typically its good to go right from november. not the case this season.

my work has been so busy i have been getting WAY out of shape and its been affecting my riding ability so here comes summer and im going to use that gym membership ive had for 2 years now that hasnt yet been utilized LMAO. they must love me.

areas i rode.....

-allan creek x 900
-Clemina Creek
-Chappel Creek
-westridge upper
-Oasis
-zipper mouth creek
-zippermouth lake
-zippermouth river

didnt venture out of valemount area this year. usually get down to blue river and up to mcbride.

rode some of the deepest snow ive ever seen this year so im happy! broke trail into 2 of my favorite areas. and not one single mechanical issue on the hill in our entire group cant complain!

Thanks To MMS for the support and i cant wait to get on the T3 next season. think im going to give it another shot this weekend and that will likely be my last ride. after having so many deep powder days crusty spring snow just isnt cutting it for me anymore LOLOL

1960920_10152277713768112_313175076_o.jpg

10003663_10152394952743112_8252768156522965588_o.jpg

Last edited:

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did not get as much big hill time as i would have liked but got in lots of day rides 24 total split 1400kms between the 12 and 13 but the good news is heading back to revy for the the weekend tomorrow night then i think it will be done

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1600km maybe one ride left
Rode Sicamous, Revy, Golden and lots of local central Ab/foothills/Rockies spots with tons of pow earlier in the season. Zero issues with the 13 XM except bumper damage( fawkin trees!)
I also am awaiting a T3163 from Turple Bros for next season... Cheers!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK...I have to ask. Zippermouth anything is just a nice way of saying I won't tell right?! haha

Still sounds like you had a great season maxwell. Thanks again for showing myself and my friends around that one day. And for not laughing at my stupid stucks. :D :beer:

Top Bottom