2012 Most influential Canadian Shredder

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should change the name of the thread to 2012 Most Influential Canadian "Mountain" Sledder and under that category certainly Curtis and Lori and Randy would be up there thanks to their efforts to keep sledders out of the news when it comes to the negative publicity we have received over the years from avalanche deaths. This year was a much better year for sledders in that regard and certainly the money raised from the loonie program on day passes going to the CAC and Beacon Checkers and Beacon Parks at sledding areas is going a long way to keep those numbers down. One has to remember though that with respect to Canada, mountain sledding is a very small part of the sledding picture. In the east there are thousands of kilometres of groomed trails maintained by volunteers and a single dealer in Ontario will sell more sleds than all the dealers in Alberta so if the thread is going to be the 2012 Most Influential Canadian Sledder we have to look eastward as well to all the people in Eastern Canada that are helping to keep the sport strong.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should change the name of the thread to 2012 Most Influential Canadian "Mountain" Sledder and under that category certainly Curtis and Lori and Randy would be up there thanks to their efforts to keep sledders out of the news when it comes to the negative publicity we have received over the years from avalanche deaths. This year was a much better year for sledders in that regard and certainly the money raised from the loonie program on day passes going to the CAC and Beacon Checkers and Beacon Parks at sledding areas is going a long way to keep those numbers down. One has to remember though that with respect to Canada, mountain sledding is a very small part of the sledding picture. In the east there are thousands of kilometres of groomed trails maintained by volunteers and a single dealer in Ontario will sell more sleds than all the dealers in Alberta so if the thread is going to be the 2012 Most Influential Canadian Sledder we have to look eastward as well to all the people in Eastern Canada that are helping to keep the sport strong.

I think you are absolutely correct! The article will be about Mountain Freeride snowmobilers.

Hotfrank

Reaction score
René St-Onge, for me, no question.
And close behind, Dan Threadway, and Geoff Kyle. all nice guys on the mountain, at the Burner after a ride, or at René's lodge.

smp747

Reaction score
Id say for slednecks crew, geoff kyle, corey micku (The whole family), and dan treadway. but the ones not as mentioned to me are, Laird Mcdougall (Boost) and Mark Dixon and Randy Swenson (Thunderstruck) and number one lady killing the scene is hands down Tina Thomas! love that girl.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id say for slednecks crew, geoff kyle, corey micku (The whole family), and dan treadway. but the ones not as mentioned to me are, Laird Mcdougall (Boost) and Mark Dixon and Randy Swenson (Thunderstruck) and number one lady killing the scene is hands down Tina Thomas! love that girl.

Awesome! That is something that I really Love. The Generations of family members who not only ride well, but spend their own personal time advocating for our sport. I am loving this thread, and the public opinion based upon the whole package, not simply if someone is super bad azz in a movie.

Keep on with the feedback!! Love it! Thank you!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are awesome, thank you for the kind words.

I would vote for the president of the Association of BC Snowmobile Clubs, Al Hodgson who together with a few other directors, created and implemented the "Buck a Head" program that now sees snowmobilers of this group as the largest non-government sponsor of the Canadian Avalanche Centre dontating over $40,000 this year alone which is used to further snowmobiler avalanche education.

Carole Savage the CACs snowmobile program coordinator would be a very close second

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just posted this thread up on our Main Jet facebook page.. Mike 25235345352345513 's avatar is the picture for this thread!! lol..

HI MIKE!!! :D :D :D

i'm not votin for mike he already has the male stripper of the year award.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Thanks crew, appreciate the nod :).....but there are a lot of "Influential sledders". Some spend many days on snow enjoying as leisure and working in it for income. No need to be a "hardcore" rider to make a difference. The most influential are the ones who JOIN A CLUB. We need strength in numbers. :)

So join a club, get your riding partners to do so, take an accredited AST course with your riding crew, cut wood at the work parties, take your garbage off the mountain, keep the booze and happy hay off the hills and trails, help out a stuck rider, bring a new rider and have patience, read the avy report, respect the backcountry, toss a bit extra to the Canadian Avalanche Center (if you can), support the sled sponsors in your community or riding area you frequent, attend a snow show, Sweep up the cabin you visit.......and most important.....Take your kids riding......they are our future to long term sustained riding and riding areas.

Safe sleddin
RS

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks crew, appreciate the nod :).....but there are a lot of "Influential sledders". Some spend many days on snow enjoying as leisure and working in it for income. No need to be a "hardcore" rider to make a difference. The most influential are the ones who JOIN A CLUB. We need strength in numbers. :)

So join a club, get your riding partners to do so, take an accredited AST course with your riding crew, cut wood at the work parties, take your garbage off the mountain, keep the booze and happy hay off the hills and trails, help out a stuck rider, bring a new rider and have patience, read the avy report, respect the backcountry, toss a bit extra to the Canadian Avalanche Center (if you can), support the sled sponsors in your community or riding area you frequent, attend a snow show, Sweep up the cabin you visit.......and most important.....Take your kids riding......they are our future to long term sustained riding and riding areas.

Safe sleddin
RS

And that, right there, is why you got nominated. Class act, as always :)

Top Bottom