Membership time! Are you supporting your sport?

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
VARDA is attending the BC Snowmobile Federation club congress this weekend. This is a time where clubs meeting face to face to discuss success, challenges and learn from each other.

One of the reoccurring topics year after year is decline in membership numbers at the local and provincial level.

We are in a critical state right now and facing several challenges such as wildlife sensitivities, political pressures and loss of access to public lands. The people who are fighting this on your behalf are getting concerned at the lack of support from within the community.

Snowmobiling needs your help! If you are not a member, then you are simply taking from the hard work of others and it’s time we all start giving a bit or the future of sledding could be grim. Membership in your local and provincial club is key to our sports survival and we need your help.

Please consider becoming a member of the clubs where you ride the most.

We can't stress enough how important these numbers are both statistically and financially.

For a VARDA membership please visit https://ridevalemount.com/member-registration/

Attachments

• 71240466_2893018170727148_4903816495466807296_o.jpg
    71240466_2893018170727148_4903816495466807296_o.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 359

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a membership.

I always feel guilty as with any club be it sledding/Atv/ and the classic car clubs. As I never seem to make it to any meetings or volunteer stuff. That dam work thing seems to be in the way most of the time.

But for this year I bought a VARDA pass .

Good luck and thanks for all you guys do for us.

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm buying a Fernie membership like I have done for many years. The grooming and the cabins wouldn't be around if it wasn't for people buying memberships.

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to join the Cranbrook club this year as moved here this summer and had Kamloops membership in the past. Best way i figure to find others in area to ride with.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to join the Cranbrook club this year as moved here this summer and had Kamloops membership in the past. Best way i figure to find others in area to ride with.
Welcome. Lots of good riding in the area, don't restrict yourself to just the clubs area of Lumberton.

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Lots of good riding in the area, don't restrict yourself to just the clubs area of Lumberton.

Definitely won't as been exploring all summer and lots of good places to ride and dont mind driving to the good spots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has there been any talk about a pass/membership that covers the whole valley? McBride/Vale/Blue??
This would be great. Usually do one trip to each place during the season, and one trip down south. I understand the support is needed, but where do you start and stop. Due to liking the variety, day passes seem to work best for everyone in my riding group.

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Numbers might improve for some clubs if they would actually send more info to present and past members or to those on their newsletter emailing address. Maybe advertise a little, print some fliers, etc. I know plenty of folks that have no clue when things are happening and they are current paid members.

I dunno when the last time was that the FSA sent out a newsletter but I’ve never gotten one and requested being added with two different email addresses now.

On top of being a supporting member I’d be more that willing to help with firewood or other maintenance things required by the club including groomer maintenance but never a word. This discourages support or possibly missed when you’re not kept informed.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to renew my Revy membership today but no online form on their website yet? Not sure why?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I will buy my family pack from Curtis at the sled show like usual. Unless Fastfarmer wants to do it again.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I assume when you say FSA you are talking Fernie snowmobile ass? I get updates all the time via my email. They recently sent out the information on all the upcoming events for this season.
Numbers might improve for some clubs if they would actually send more info to present and past members or to those on their newsletter emailing address. Maybe advertise a little, print some fliers, etc. I know plenty of folks that have no clue when things are happening and they are current paid members.

I dunno when the last time was that the FSA sent out a newsletter but I’ve never gotten one and requested being added with two different email addresses now.

On top of being a supporting member I’d be more that willing to help with firewood or other maintenance things required by the club including groomer maintenance but never a word. This discourages support or possibly missed when you’re not kept informed.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is so great to see so much support from out of province riders. I'll say it again, while locally we may struggle to squeeze a membership out of riders who frequently ride here, those who come from Alberta and Sask even our out of country riders don't even blink an eye and purchase their memberships without hesitation. It's going to take a lot of effort to shift that old stagnant "I was born here and I shouldn't have to pay to ride crown land" mentality out of our sport. Thank you to everyone who supports the sport.

Top Bottom