2012 Kx450f Thermostat

sorsy

Reaction score
Hey guys I am going to be installing a Thermo-bob thermostat in my bike and I am going to also plumb in a fitting for a temp gauge. I was just wondering where can a guy splice into this bike to get a power source? Thanks for the help. New to the snowbikes.

ColinSiR

Reaction score
Im doing the exact thing you are. I see this thread is old. What did you end up doing? What size of temp sensor did you get to fit your rad line? With the thermostat I would think it would be best to install the temp sensor on the engine side before the thermostat....Not sure if the numbers will be wacky until the thermostat opens up or not....Let me know what you did with yours!
Thanks.

Reaction score
there is a wire with power on the left side going up to the ECU. just up by where it goes by the steering column. I used it to power my led lights. I have to turn the lights of when starting the bike tho or it wont fire.

sorsy

Reaction score
I know on the 12 that I have there is a aux plug right behind the number plate with a ground and a power wire I just cut the factory plug off and used the power to power up my gauge and my Speed Demon LED light...put the light on a switch so I can just turn it on when I need it so I am not putting a big load on the stator...the LED light only draws a whopping 18 watts and is 1080 Lumens...less power than the Cyclops and way cheaper....figured why spend the big bills on the Cyclops when the light will rarely be on.

ColinSiR

Reaction score
I ordered the Cyclops 600 with led tail light and ame grip heaters. Darryl @ Cyclops supplied a 3 way switch so I can run the lights or the hand warmers and to boot Ill have my afr and boondocker box....Im going to be at the limits. Might have to wire a dinky battery!

Reaction score
You can get temp gauges now that don't need power. Just small batteries. They are like $70 and the way to go.TTR, TTO or something like that they are called

highwaydirtbikes.com makes some great switches that go on the back of your perches, on/off and momentary. You can really clean things up with them. Just need to know how to solder.

Top Bottom