2012 Can-am Outlander 1000XT

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you find these pictures?. I need to read some info on that monster.

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
redesigned frame ,back to plastic racks , 3mode dps ,moved the battery, new air filter design , and looks like there copying something similar to arctic cats speed rack mount system .

not entirely sold on the style , but im sure it will grow on people . back end looks like 850 xp

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They look more like renegade headlights but keep dreaming that can am would actually copy anything from kawasaki.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya kawasaki was the first to put a v-twin in a quad but they still havnt done a good job with it as far as im concerned. Just like yamaha and the rhino great idea and all just ch!t the bed on it lately.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the rene and outty 1000 's are available for immediate release.. you can order one today and have it in about 2 or 3 weeks

the owner of my dealer phoned me from there.. they are still down east test driving them today as we speak.. he told me this....

just so you guys know.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the rene and outty 1000 's are available for immediate release.. you can order one today and have it in about 2 or 3 weeks

the owner of my dealer phoned me from there.. they are still down east test driving them today as we speak.. he told me this....

just so you guys know.

i like how the X MR is still just an 800 though... I like the 1000cc idea but the plastics i dont really like... the new rene w/ podiums i do like though....

I would like to see one in person, and i wonder how much they actually did modify the frame/ tti/ brakes... any thoughts?

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya kawasaki was the first to put a v-twin in a quad but they still havnt done a good job with it as far as im concerned. Just like yamaha and the rhino great idea and all just ch!t the bed on it lately.

Just another Can-am fan boy. Can-am is king everything else is garbage.

Yeah that whole V-twin was no big deal. Not like it changed the entire 4x4 market or anything:rolleyes::rolleyes:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they ITC (fly by wire throttle) if so they can keep them ,seeing how well that worked on the commmanders.....

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they are so great why are half the people on the Commander forum trying to find a way to by pass them...LOL:rolleyes:
Sorry but iwant to decide when to have throttle and when not to , not some dam computer....If the front wheels come off the ground,you power slide,the fronts don`t spin as fast as the backs the throttle body is closed for you accordingly on the commander .Not many people i ride with would want this.you might ..what ever.....:eek:

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they are so great why are half the people on the Commander forum trying to find a way to by pass them...LOL:rolleyes:
Sorry but iwant to decide when to have throttle and when not to , not some dam computer....If the front wheels come off the ground,you power slide,the fronts don`t spin as fast as the backs the throttle body is closed for you accordingly on the commander .Not many people i ride with would want this.you might ..what ever.....:eek:

as far as i can tell it looks like its the same as the 800s but who knows i agree with you though... i sure hope they arent and why did they make them so ugly...? the outlander was soo pretty before... haha (i would know i like mine.)

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a great thing then , these should be a wicked machine....I will say though they might of toned down the clutching and or ecu (lag) with that kind of power on tap...I like the looks of them and the stronger frame is welcome news. Not a fan of the plastic racks though, i got them on my popo and i hate them...

Top Bottom