Wheel bearings

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one in north edmonton have a tool for removing/installing wheel bearings on a can am outlander.

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The old out i could probably hammer the hell out of it
But would perfer not to hammer the new ones in

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
For my polaris bearings I put the bearings in the deep freeze over night and heat the hub up. In an oven, or in a BBQ, or with a torch.

I normally do it in the summer so I just put the hubs on the dashboard of my beater car, the bearings basically fall right in.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use the old bearing to drive the new one into place after the warming up the hub and cooling the new bearing

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Princess auto has a cheap press that actually works really good for doing bearings. Think I paid $130 or so when it was on sale. Well worth it.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i also heat the hub with a torch and freeze the bearing and it usually falls right into place. I can’t believe how many bearings I go through on my maverick, it’s worse then my brute force.

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the fronts done
Froze the bearing and heated the hub like we do at work. I am going to buy the tool for them. We ride so much it would be nice to have in the rv

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the fronts done
Froze the bearing and heated the hub like we do at work. I am going to buy the tool for them. We ride so much it would be nice to have in the rv
I grease the brgs every 500 km. Got 4000 km out of the original ones

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have to pull the axles out of the hubs to grease mine on the outlander. So i use the grease tool on the initial install and just let them ride.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the fronts done
The Modshop in Grande Prairie has very nice custom made ones for this purpose and they do ship as well. Here is the link but sometimes it does not load so you might have to give them a call very good to deal with,:)

https://themodshop.ca/

Top Bottom