2012 / 2013 Valemount Conditions and Updates

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice photos C! Where did yah ride today?

We had found great snow in Allen today had a blast. It is getting tracked out but if yah know where to look yah can find fresh. The trail was in awesome shape, going up and down today.

View attachment 151981

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of keyhole bit of clemina, twas a great day in the sun

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna be in Valemount on Friday(15th) by myself if anyone wouldn't mind having another ski puller tag along!

ESPECIALLY IF YOU'LL BE RIDING ANYWHERE LIKE THAT AREA!

Ianhcr800

Reaction score
a group of about 10-14 will be coming up this Thursday. whats the snow like? hopefully make a day over to blue river to ride with digger :Snowmobile1:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a group of about 10-14 will be coming up this Thursday. whats the snow like? hopefully make a day over to blue river to ride with digger :Snowmobile1:

Sun has been out for quite some time. A few flakes fell yesterday, but not much. Snow is ridden in the open areas for sure. Fresh snow in the forecast tho!

Last edited:

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I could be wrong but Sunday morning Allen trail bumps seemed identical to Saturday going up and down...

Wasn't many riders Sunday either... :(

I would agree with Kenny. 6 trips to Valemount this year and the trail to Allen has been nothing but 2 foot moguls every time. The one time when I bought my trail pass, i asked the attendant if the trail was groomed, "it sure was", he said. I looked back and the groomer looked like it hadnt moved in a week. We were even early and there was only a few sleds ahead of us. There was no way a few sleds could make the trial that rough. I guess we all just have to live with it!!

Kenny_h2o

Reaction score
I would agree with Kenny. 6 trips to Valemount this year and the trail to Allen has been nothing but 2 foot moguls every time. The one time when I bought my trail pass, i asked the attendant if the trail was groomed, "it sure was", he said. I looked back and the groomer looked like it hadnt moved in a week. We were even early and there was only a few sleds ahead of us. There was no way a few sleds could make the trial that rough. I guess we all just have to live with it!!

Like I said I'm not trying to complain but the groomer had not moved I'm 99 percent sure.

And the moguls were not new, still ice and trenched out areas.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The temps play a huge part in how well the trail turns out. Even how warm it was heading down sat evening, I thought the trail was in really good shape. I've met the groomer on the trail awhile ago and 2 miles down the trail it was just as rough as when I met it.

Sent from my iPad

Last edited:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We pride ourselves on our grooming and I take it as a compliment this is the first time I have seen a post like this so far this year. We groom at bare minimum four days a week. Friday night we had a major incident that held up grooming until around 8ish saturday morning at Allen and charged a reduce rate at clemina for saturday, sunday no issues. I have traveled the province and our grooming at allen and clemina is top notch.

I am not disagreeing that it may not have been to your liking, our trails are our livelihood, and we respect your opinion. Please understand that we put in every effort we can barring weather conditions and unforseen circumstances (which unfortunately this weekend we have seen a few) We even took a huge hit saturday morning a charged 50% for the Clemina trail due to a major incident friday night. I rode the trail that morning and it was in amazing shape, but our integrity was more important and I reduced the rate.

I am proud of our trails and even more proud that this is the first hint of a complaint that we have heard all year. Although complaints are much better addressed to me at the office as I would love to chat with any of you directly.

Ride safe
c

Last edited:
Top Bottom