2012 / 2013 Valemount Conditions and Updates

whiskydick

Reaction score
Rode Allen and cleminA today. Both were so deep and so steep. No need to go any further. Trail had two feet and alpine was incredible. Valemount is in the best shape I have ever seen. Ride a 154 and to deep for it. Stick to Allen and all powder needs wwill be satisfied. Allen creeks hAils all mountains. Love whiskydick

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome day out there today and absolutely hammering down again as I type. Gonna be gooder tomorrow.

We are finally at an honest 2m HS in Allen Creek on average and riding conditions are great.

Ride safe everyone and Merry Christmas from Valemount!

Attachments

• aeditDSCN3499.jpg
    aeditDSCN3499.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 610
  • aeditDSCN3525.jpg
    aeditDSCN3525.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 619
  • aeditDSCN3581.jpg
    aeditDSCN3581.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 628

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I hope everyone stayed home with there family for Xmas. Then there will be some fresh left for us.

Looms16

Reaction score
Spent the last 3 days here in vale sledding, first day we headed to Allen, found some good snow but vision was terrible. The next day there almost wasn't a cloud in the sky and nothing but sun, had an awesome time that day rippin it up in Chappell. It was nothing but 4-5 feet of powder or more the second we got off the trail. Then yesterday we went to clemina and once it cleared up a bit we found some good climbs and snow. All in all it was a great trip, will post pics when I get home in 9 hours... We already drove 3, long drive but completely worth it

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And once again thanks to school I missed probably the best bluebird powder days Vale had to offer ever. Someone throw up some more pics so I can live vicariously through you all Happy Sledding!

canadude

Reaction score
Hi Curtis,
I have a dumb question. When Chappell is groomed, what km is the trail groomed to? It isn't groomed the entire 26 km's is it?

Thanks

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Curtis,
I have a dumb question. When Chappell is groomed, what km is the trail groomed to? It isn't groomed the entire 26 km's is it?

Thanks
From what I recall they Groom the whole 26 k. All the way through the trees.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
didnt get out sledding today but what a beautiful ( chilly ) day. checked out crystal ridge. great work! alot of effort went into that place going to ride it tommorow.

heres some shots from today

up the valley from top of crystal

461176_10151364478083112_1053806744_o.jpg

veiw of town from top of crystal

wesstridge accross the valley from top of crystal

someone had a good day. fresh tracks on the snowboards

snoproflyboy

Reaction score
Awesome pics!!! So pumped...heading down to Vale on thursday for a few days of sledding!!! Cant wait to try out the new 163 XM!!!!!

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell... is there good areas to ride & play in up on crystal? Or is it trail ride up & areas for the skiers/boarders?
Like to find somewhere close for a half couple hrs ride when we get into town.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell... is there good areas to ride & play in up on crystal? Or is it trail ride up & areas for the skiers/boarders?
Like to find somewhere close for a half couple hrs ride when we get into town.

Nope it's all caribou closure. Only allowed access on the trail for sled skiing. Isn't really anything around town except upper weatridge. We have fun on the family loop when it has good snow but its lacking pretty good down low right now

Top Bottom