2012/13 Eagle Valley (Sicamous) Updates

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X 2.

Where ya parking at owlshead ??

from my HTC
Eagle Valley website says bottom parking lot lol Some did yesterday and rode dirt up. Ya would think they could update the site.

Be prepared to frive up a few km.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya figured so.

That top lot is 2-2.5 km up right ??

Shoot I can recall driving up to 17-19 before in march-April.

Could be worse lol

from my HTC

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya figured so.

Could be worse lol from my HTC

2.5 km to first lot. I drove up to 1 km last night just snooping around. Drag was sitting there and road looked bare beyond that. We were skiing today so haven't been out there. Looking out front window now something is burning up there. Next lot is at 7 km which we have driven to in Feb but usually is at Easter.

Lots of snow yet but logging early season kept the road plowed to dirt so expect we will be driving up. Just would be nice if the club website was up to date for you guys coming out so you are prepared to haul trailers up if thel plow the upper lots out.

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is going on with the bottom 4Km at Eagles Pass , can you still leave from the main (new)parking lot with out driving 4KM,s of dirt and mud Or do you have to deck your sled up to the truck only lot at 4KM??? Thanks

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Bottom 4km of trail is depleted due to logging best to go to a different area :) it was a shitshow a few weekends ago with 50 trucks parked from the main up to the 4KM pullout

hunt340

Reaction score
We rode Quest yesterday. Unloaded at km 2. (Still bare road Til km 3). Trail upto cabin nicely groomed no new snow. Played in the trees in the steep heading to the golf course. Snow set up quick but if you break through the top 1ft it was sugar. Snowed most of the day but no accum. Socked in hard most of the day. Still a greatday. Off to Griffen today. Note:quest need a dump to cover the tracked areas(most of the general area).

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We road eagles pass last weekend for 3 days, we had over 3' of fresh!
We met up with Rene's group and had a blast!
Here are a few I took:)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362677352.698422.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362677367.539269.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362677385.208473.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362677406.124142.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362677519.219346.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362677533.777241.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362677542.077161.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362677551.277169.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362677559.210178.jpg

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice pic's Pinky.....headed to Sicamous March 14-17 hope theres some fresh for then if not make the best of it.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya figured so.

Could be worse lol

from my HTC[/QUOTE
They are uloading at 1K according to EV website. They would't allow guys up without chains today.

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Parking Updates as of Friday Night March 8th:

Blue Lake: Parking at the bottom

Owl Head: Road plowed to 2.5k lot. Some slippery sections above 1k so trucks with trailers need chains (at least one got stuck today). If you park at the bottom, it is gravel for the first 3/4k then you are on snow and ice.

Queest: Plowed to 2.5k lot

Eagles: Road plowed to 4k with logging activity. Trucks with large trailers parking at the 1.25k lot. Deck trucks parking at 3 and 4k lots. Do not block the road and listen to the collectors as logging will carry on over the weekend.

Remeber to park close and leave space for other sledders.

Check out www.sledsicamous.com for the latest and greatest

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parking Updates as of Friday Night March 8th:

Blue Lake: Parking at the bottom

Owl Head: Road plowed to 2.5k lot. Some slippery sections above 1k so trucks with trailers need chains (at least one got stuck today). If you park at the bottom, it is gravel for the first 3/4k then you are on snow and ice.

Queest: Plowed to 2.5k lot

Eagles: Road plowed to 4k with logging activity. Trucks with large trailers parking at the 1.25k lot . Deck trucks parking at 3 and 4k lots. Do not block the road and listen to the collectors as logging will carry on over the weekend.

Remeber to park close and leave space for other sledders.

Check out www.sledsicamous.com for the latest and greatest

Heading out tomorrow , may be camping in the trailer , could you get to the 4Km lot later at night? , staying 4 -5 nights

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had two great days at eagles pass......thank you for the hospitality.....

superduty 348

Reaction score
Tried to go up to eagles sat but it was a gong show, nowhere to park pissed off sledders everywhere. not a good day for eagles, lost a lot of cash that day.They really need to get this parking situation thing figured out, or at least make a trail up beside the road or get the loggers to make somewhere to park.And update there website.

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to go up to eagles sat but it was a gong show, nowhere to park pissed off sledders everywhere. not a good day for eagles, lost a lot of cash that day .They really need to get this parking situation thing figured out, or at least make a trail up beside the road or get the loggers to make somewhere to park.And update there website.

How did you" lost a lot of cash that day" ???

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to go up to eagles sat but it was a gong show, nowhere to park pissed off sledders everywhere. not a good day for eagles, lost a lot of cash that day.They really need to get this parking situation thing figured out, or at least make a trail up beside the road or get the loggers to make somewhere to park.And update there website.

How is Rene dealing with this problem , as a lot of his client that stay at his place , do so , so they can ride Eagles Pass !!!!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he's saying the sicamous club lost a lot of cash due to people leaving because their was nowhere for them to park
Yes, parking is an issue and lack of information for the visitors coming out makes it even worse so they go to Revy where they know parking is maintained for them.
It is time to plow the lots and update the website so people can plan. Updating it Friday night is a little late. It alsmost seems once the club auction is done things wind down quickly

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Eagle Pass has been a very "fluid" sitution. We have been updating the website as information changed, sometimes at the last minute, but warming weather conditions and restrictions from logging operations have not always given us much notice. I suspect most of your challenges came on Saturday - I was up there myself. Since the family day weekend, we have not seen much more then 50 sleds in a day - sometime only 3! However, on Saturday, the hill was slammed with over 110 sleds and the parking was overwhelmed and lots went elsewhere. We will see about trying to improve the situation for next week. In the mean time, sorry for the inconvenience and we will try and do better.

And hey Bobsledder, I am a volunteer director on both the Snowmobile Club and the Groomming Society and there are lots of people still working hard to make sure spring sledding is lots of fun:)

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eagle Pass has been a very "fluid" sitution. We have been updating the website as information changed, sometimes at the last minute, but warming weather conditions and restrictions from logging operations have not always given us much notice. I suspect most of your challenges came on Saturday - I was up there myself. Since the family day weekend, we have not seen much more then 50 sleds in a day - sometime only 3! However, on Saturday, the hill was slammed with over 110 sleds and the parking was overwhelmed and lots went elsewhere. We will see about trying to improve the situation for next week. In the mean time, sorry for the inconvenience and we will try and do better.

And hey Bobsledder, I am a volunteer director on both the Snowmobile Club and the Groomming Society and there are lots of people still working hard to make sure spring sledding is lots of fun:)

Thank you for the update Sicamous, headed that way on Thursday so any future updates would be awesome for parking etc as I have a 4place enclosed and can be a challenge during spring sledding.

BD

Top Bottom