Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Here is the Latest And Greatest:

- 8" of Fresh Thursday night in Sicamous and lots reported up top

- Queest: Groomed Thurday. Unloading from the bottom up to 2.5k

- Blue Lake: Being groomed Friday. Unloading at the bottom

- Eagle Pass: Groomed Friday for the first time. Reports of unloading at the bottom in NEW parking lot!

(Trail fees in effect at these hills - $20/day or $200 for the season)

- Owl Head - Loggers "should" be finished with the road on Sunday

For more info, go to www.sledsicamous.com

sicamous

Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
The Owl Head trail was groomed for the first time last night (Wednesday). You should be able to unload at the bottom staging area that has been expanded to better accommodate busy days. There are reports of great snow in the area as it has not been used much yet.

For more grooming info on all four groomed trails, go to www.sledsicamous.com

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Owl Head trail was groomed for the first time last night (Wednesday). You should be able to unload at the bottom staging area that has been expanded to better accommodate busy days. There are reports of great snow in the area as it has not been used much yet.

For more grooming info on all four groomed trails, go to www.sledsicamous.com
they took out the loading/unloading ramp at owls!! showed up yeaterday without my ramp expecting to use the the old dock. they should get the groomer to build something with the parking lot snow in all the lots in sicamous for us guys hauling in the back of pickup trucks. on the other note anybody sledding the area this weekend is in for unreal conditions. there was half a dozen booted yammys out yesterday and me and a buddy and didn't make it to far past the cabin due to the neck deep snow!!!! merry BRAPmas peeps!!!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they took out the loading/unloading ramp at owls!! showed up yeaterday without my ramp expecting to use the the old dock. they should get the groomer to build something with the parking lot snow in all the lots in sicamous for us guys hauling in the back of pickup trucks. on the other note anybody sledding the area this weekend is in for unreal conditions. there was half a dozen booted yammys out yesterday and me and a buddy and didn't make it to far past the cabin due to the neck deep snow!!!! merry BRAPmas peeps!!!

That's awesome about the snow I'm I will be there tomorrow!

sicamous

Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca

Hey Boondockingdawg. The offloading ramp is relocated to the base of the trail head at Owl head. There are a few highway barricades with fill behind so you can back your pick-up in and back off and just like before there is no parking for the day in front of the ramp:d. I will pass on the info to the collectors to make sure they know where the ramp is.

M5-

Reaction score
If you are riding this weekend better bring the big iron Thursday was probably as much snow as I've ever seen on Owl's and I've ridden there a lot of days.

M5

sicamous

Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Some new Fresh last night in Sicamous! Also, the Eagle Pass trail was groomed all the way to the gas drop for the first time last night. The Xmas crowds have gone home so the hills are wide open with fresh snow.

sicamous

Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Heavy Snowfall Warning in Sicamous Today - Should be lots of Pow this week!

Just took this shot a few minutes ago here in town

Attachments

• Sicamous-20130107-00214.jpg
    Sicamous-20130107-00214.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 969

sicamous

Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Spent Thurday up at Blue Lake in VERY deep powder. All the XMAS tracks were gone! We left lots of powder untouched due to empty fuel tanks.

the450kid

Reaction score
I hear you can drive a truck from kingfisher to owls etc right now? Anyone out riding right now have some accurate info on snow conditions? Looking to ride the weekend but may just hold off.....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh ??

How the heck are u going to drive a truck ??

They are different areas , yes close but still

Huh ???

Or are u meaning hero snow ??

from my HTC

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about driving a truck - found some good snow this last weekend - was cold up top - around -15

Attachments

• IMG_3673.jpg
    IMG_3673.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_3671.jpg
    IMG_3671.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 325

the450kid

Reaction score
Yeah man hero snow........no ch!t there different areas as you know there accessible via either entrance, owls or kingfisher. Didn't realize I had to explain this in depth. Thanks for another one of your useful posts though...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh.

Jebus Ur ragging or what.

Read Ur first post.

No lol , ect after.

Hard to read sarcasm with out it wrote in.

And there is at least 6 different ways into hunters-owlshead. Just a heads up

from my HTC

the450kid

Reaction score
Not sure about driving a truck - found some good snow this last weekend - was cold up top - around -15
The reason I asked was the guys rode king yesterday and said it was pounded flat. Keep in mind these guys ride there every weekend so they looked high and low. Was sicamous the only place with decent snow? Cold weather sounds like it took four feet and turned it into two in the rely area..

jrcactus

Reaction score
I call bs we rode Friday and Saturday at Owlshead and rode into King and didn't see another sled or another set of tracks unless we went to the cabins. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358224423.694069.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358224445.371461.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358224460.249312.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358224480.925394.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom