Eagle Valley (Sicamous) Updates 2013/14

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Hello Everyone, the snow is here! I have been out the last two weekends and have had some good early season riding in the Alpine Meadows, but stayed away from the steep stuff that have lots of land mines yet.

We are having some logging challenges at this time so we will try and keep you updated as things evolve.

Queest: Active logging activity to the 6k turn off(hang gliding turnoff) and there is a parking area at 6.5k. Use caution on the road at all times. I did hear the road was recently plowed above 6.5k to remove logging equipment.

Owlhead: Active logging on this road system - there is an "industrial road closure" from Monday to Friday's restricting all recreational traffic. The road is being plowed regularly. We unloaded at 17k on Nov. 11. This activity should be done by the first week of December. The loggers have extended the road NE towards the Blue Lake area. It goes to with in 1km of Cummins Lake.

Blue Lake: Active logging on this road system - there is an "industrial road closure" from Monday to Friday's restricting all recreational traffic. We unloaded at 10k on Nov. 17th and had 4 to 5 feet of snow up top.

Eagle Pass: Active logging to 4.5k. I haven't heard any reports of conditions but pretty early for accessing that area. It will be great to use the brand new cabin this winter!

If you are using active logging roads on the weekends, always be on the look out for industrial traffic and DO NOT block active roads when you leave your truck parked.

For ongoing updates, check out www.sledsicamous.com

Have Fun!

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any info on how long the logging will last this year at Eagles , hope it will be done by the new year (2014) ?
Hello Everyone, the snow is here! I have been out the last two weekends and have had some good early season riding in the Alpine Meadows, but stayed away from the steep stuff that have lots of land mines yet.

We are having some logging challenges at this time so we will try and keep you updated as things evolve.

Queest: Active logging activity to the 6k turn off(hang gliding turnoff) and there is a parking area at 6.5k. Use caution on the road at all times. I did hear the road was recently plowed above 6.5k to remove logging equipment.

Owlhead: Active logging on this road system - there is an "industrial road closure" from Monday to Friday's restricting all recreational traffic. The road is being plowed regularly. We unloaded at 17k on Nov. 11. This activity should be done by the first week of December. The loggers have extended the road NE towards the Blue Lake area. It goes to with in 1km of Cummins Lake.

Blue Lake: Active logging on this road system - there is an "industrial road closure" from Monday to Friday's restricting all recreational traffic. We unloaded at 10k on Nov. 17th and had 4 to 5 feet of snow up top.

Eagle Pass: Active logging to 4.5k. I haven't heard any reports of conditions but pretty early for accessing that area. It will be great to use the brand new cabin this winter!

If you are using active logging roads on the weekends, always be on the look out for industrial traffic and DO NOT block active roads when you leave your truck parked.

For ongoing updates, check out www.sledsicamous.com

Have Fun!

sicamous

Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Any info on how long the logging will last this year at Eagles , hope it will be done by the new year (2014) ?

It looks like there will be logging at Eagles well into the winter at least up to 4.5k. We have not been given any "firm" dates as to completion as they have too much work to make that prediction for us.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks like there will be logging at Eagles well into the winter at least up to 4.5k. We have not been given any "firm" dates as to completion as they have too much work to make that prediction for us.
How does the club plan on dealing with this? Any plan yet?

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the radio channel they are using for the logging? A guy may as well have it programmed just in case.

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya , was hoping not having to deal with that sh!t show again this year , any other route in around the plowed 4.5KM ?

superduty 348

Reaction score
or maybe plow some of the side roads to park on and maybe groom off to the side so we can ride up. Last year was just ridiculous, guys parking all over the placed.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there sledding in Sicamous? No reports yet....

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't been out myself but lots have. Good early riding once up there. Grooming hasn't started yet and logging is taking place till sometime in Dec. I can't rememeber the exact date it wraps up but before christmas. Blue Lake I think logging is going into late January
Below is from club website
Grooming & Snow Report

CAUTION! : Active Logging is NOW in effect.
If you are driving up the Forestry Service Roads please send us a report on any SAFETY CONCERNS so we can update the website. Please also report snow conditions and unloading areas until our grooming program starts.
NOTE: INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY. NO SLEDDERS MONDAY TO FRIDAY at Blue Lake and Owlhead until further notice. Schedule posted below. During Saturday and Sunday please do not block Forestry Service roads as service trucks need access. Please use CAUTION on the roads as active logging is now in effect.
Watch for water bars at this time of the year.
Blue Lake
Last Groomed:
Estimated start date will be Dec. 6,2013
Snow Report:
4-5 feet, Ploughed & Unloading at 19km.
Notices:
Active logging. Mondays 1:00am - Fridays 5:00pm. No Recreational traffic during this time period.

Eagle Pass
Last Groomed:
Estimated start date will be Dec. 6,2013
Snow Report:
4-5 feet, Ploughed to 4km parking lot.
Notices:
Active logging to 4 km's. at this time

Owlhead
Last Groomed:
Estimated start date will be Dec 6,2013
Snow Report:
4 feet, Ploughed & Unloading at 17km.
Notices:
Active logging. Mondays 1:00am to Fridays 5:00pm. No Recreational traffic during this time period.

Queest
Last Groomed:
Estimated start date will be Dec 6,2013
Snow Report:
Unloading sleds at 6-8 kms. Approx 4-5 ft of snow at towers.
Notices:
Active logging at 8 kms.

sicamous

Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
The Grooming Manager told me tonight that he is hoping to Groom Queest on Wednesday (from the 6.5k parking lot) and Eagle Pass on Thursday (from 4.5k). I have talked to a few people who were out at Blue Lake on the weekend and there was a ton of new snow!!

The Snowmbile Club is planning to cut firewood for the Queest cabin this Saturday (Dec. 9th)

Grizzwald

Reaction score
How is it getting up to the Blue Lake staging at 19km? Is it suitable for a truck and two place enclosed trailer? Chains required? Is there much room up there for parking or turning around? Thanks in advance.

summitguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were there on Saturday and some of our group had a deck and drove up we parked at the bottom and rode up . So of the corners were a little slick . If your going up with a trailer I'd make sure I would be up there early so u can drive up and turn it around as they had the grader parked up there too not much room

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw staging where it y's to blue turnoff.
Not sure about what's beyond.. Anyone know what that area is like>?
How is it getting up to the Blue Lake staging at 19km? Is it suitable for a truck and two place enclosed trailer? Chains required? Is there much room up there for parking or turning around? Thanks in advance.

Grizzwald

Reaction score
Thanks summitguy. I thought with the road being plowed it wouldn't be rideable from the bottom? Was there enough snow on the trail up to keep the sliders from melting?

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far up can you haul with a trailer right now on blue lake? Hoping to ride it on Sunday?

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Grooming Manager told me tonight that he is hoping to Groom Queest on Wednesday (from the 6.5k parking lot) and Eagle Pass on Thursday (from 4.5k). I have talked to a few people who were out at Blue Lake on the weekend and there was a ton of new snow!!

The Snowmbile Club is planning to cut firewood for the Queest cabin this Saturday (Dec. 9th)

Will the snow cat that's working eagles be punching a trail in all the way up to the cabin. We met some nice gentlemen a couple of weeks ago that were trying to find a path for the groomer to get up to the cabin. Were they able to find a route? I will be back down next weekend, and wouldn't mind giving a hand for a few hours marking the route if you need a hand let me know.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far up can you haul with a trailer right now on blue lake? Hoping to ride it on Sunday?

If you have studded tires or chains you can go up all the way to 17km. Otherwise your offloading at the bridge and driving the sleds up on the side of the road.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will the snow cat that's working eagles be punching a trail in all the way up to the cabin. We met some nice gentlemen a couple of weeks ago that were trying to find a path for the groomer to get up to the cabin. Were they able to find a route? I will be back down next weekend, and wouldn't mind giving a hand for a few hours marking the route if you need a hand let me know.

They were going to try and find a new route to groom all the way as they cannot go past the current turn around along the existing sled path.

sent from a top secret location

Top Bottom