2012/13 Eagle Valley (Sicamous) Updates

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few of us are heading your way this Thursday. First time to the area. Looking forward to seeing some new terrain . feel free to suggest some areas to play in .

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eagle Pass has been a very "fluid" sitution. We have been updating the website as information changed, sometimes at the last minute, but warming weather conditions and restrictions from logging operations have not always given us much notice. I suspect most of your challenges came on Saturday - I was up there myself. Since the family day weekend, we have not seen much more then 50 sleds in a day - sometime only 3! However, on Saturday, the hill was slammed with over 110 sleds and the parking was overwhelmed and lots went elsewhere. We will see about trying to improve the situation for next week. In the mean time, sorry for the inconvenience and we will try and do better.

And hey Bobsledder, I am a volunteer director on both the Snowmobile Club and the Groomming Society and there are lots of people still working hard to make sure spring sledding is lots of fun:)

Yes I know you are working hard and your hotel lot is full at night so that is good. Just asking that information is there for out of towners so they can plan.
I heard the complaints in the parking lot last week. That was at Owlhead which isn't being logged like Eagles.

Last edited:

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Dad just called said they got 4-5" of fresh today at the house in Sicamous
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363120014.275653.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363120033.189101.jpg

white rad

Reaction score
What happened with this ^^ snow sounds like freezing level went way up? Rain to the top or super deep?

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the info I was told yesterday from eagles is that it rained all day snow was very wet and heavy:( would be nice to get a little more snow! Here hoping:)

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
We have had quite a bit of precip in Sicamous over the last few days. Thursday it was reported that it rained up to 5000' but snow above that. Another sledder reported 24cm fresh at Eagle Pass with a 300+cm base.
The logging is done at Eagle Pass but there will still be some parking challenges on busy days. Check out www.sledsicamous.com for the parking info on all four hills.
Stay safe out there this weekend with warm temps and wet snow!

white rad

Reaction score
hmmm only 24cm of new makes it sound like most of the precip fell as rain even up high.....march is usually one of the best months but this year has been a bummer.

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone riding Eagles this weekend , can not find anyone to go , heading out by my self anyways , don't like riding by my self , but got like staying home when the winter is passing by fast .

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmm only 24cm of new makes it sound like most of the precip fell as rain even up high.....march is usually one of the best months but this year has been a bummer.

It's still good up there. Some new snow up in the hills. A little dusting in the town last night which will melt off in a few hours.

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
owls.jpg Spent the Weekend In Sicamous first shot is from Friday at Owlshead great riding all 3 days with lots of fresh Sunday at Queest second photo. Quest.jpg

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two of us may come out first week of April Anybody else maybe there and wouldn't mind a couple tag alongs. Brother knows hunters in summer on bikes but other than that new to area.

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
So whats the snow forecast looking like for this week?, few of us coming over for the long weekend.:beer:

So far the skies are looking pretty clear this week but we did get a number of dumps last week. I talked to guys that were up Sunday and they were still finding good snow that wasn't tracked up. Have a great weekend.

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far the skies are looking pretty clear this week but we did get a number of dumps last week. I talked to guys that were up Sunday and they were still finding good snow that wasn't tracked up. Have a great weekend.

Good deal, yeah a guy can always find a little honey hole somewhere, thanks, i am sure we will enjoy as usual.
:beer:

Top Bottom