2011 summit etec issues

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya no im just curious if its supposed to come from brp with chaincase oil and the pdi is just supposed to check for it.

Hard to check chaincase oil level, not like there is a sight glass like on a dirtbike......my 2010 came with none in it....:eek::eek::eek:
My tech made a little thing-a mo-bobber to check it last season after my issue.
If you guys ride below 4000 ft there is a brp update to change the clutch spring to get ride of the nasty bog that almost throws you over the bars....

jimxp

Reaction score
underdog, my sled seems the same way, dont pull like it first did, at all!! why are all these sleds different? i guess its all on how you use your thumb.... 1/2 throttle.. noproblems... full throttle... all problems.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the reflash done on my sled on Friday, and rode it today. Seemed like it lost power? Doesn't do near what it used to.

Was told that the new reflash smoothens out the power and makes it more linear. Whatta mean it doesn't do near what it used to? loss of track speed climbing?
Only got the reflash because my sled started acting really weird on the trail. almost turned around and went back to the truck.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's why I'm not getting the flash. Seems like I don't have any hesitation at elevation do far.

My sled worked fine at elevation, my problems were only going up the trail. That's why I got the reflash. will be trying the new flash this weekend and will report my findings. Just have a uneasy feeling in my gut about it tho.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to check chaincase oil level, not like there is a sight glass like on a dirtbike......my 2010 came with none in it....:eek::eek::eek:
My tech made a little thing-a mo-bobber to check it last season after my issue.
If you guys ride below 4000 ft there is a brp update to change the clutch spring to get ride of the nasty bog that almost throws you over the bars....

HUH? what is this supposed spring? I was running the EXACT same clutch setup in my 09 before my roosterbuilt kit was installed. no problems at all.

jimxp

Reaction score
track speed for sure, and the power, feels like a regular 800r. Its just lacks the snap, and the inital pull you feel with the backshift.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
underdog, my sled seems the same way, dont pull like it first did, at all!! why are all these sleds different? i guess its all on how you use your thumb.... 1/2 throttle.. noproblems... full throttle... all problems.

Exactly how my sled feels. And seems like the backshift is even worse than before. Gonna call my dealer tomorrow and see if anyone else has had issues besides us here on snow and mud.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly how my sled feels. And seems like the backshift is even worse than before. Gonna call my dealer tomorrow and see if anyone else has had issues besides us here on snow and mud.

I've heard of this before on dootalk, "smoothens out the power" doesn't have the snap it did before.

Reaction score
My etec has had the hesitation when you hit the throttle, have not had it back to the dealer yet for the first service, have over 800 kms. Has anyone had problems with the air intake screens icing up. mine is really bad when it is cold out and in deep snow, the screens ice up and the machine boggs and you have to keep scraping the ice off.

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My etec has had the hesitation when you hit the throttle, have not had it back to the dealer yet for the first service, have over 800 kms. Has anyone had problems with the air intake screens icing up. mine is really bad when it is cold out and in deep snow, the screens ice up and the machine boggs and you have to keep scraping the ice off.

My screens were icing up real bad the other day -25 and loads of pow but 2 other guy,s that were with me were having the same issue a m8 and a 09 xp.

jimxp

Reaction score
lost 20km in track speed, OH watch your exhaust sensor... mine rattled out... and was backfiring.. and poping....

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to the dealer and the mechanic said he hadn't heard about any sleds losing power from the reflash.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lost 20km in track speed, OH watch your exhaust sensor... mine rattled out... and was backfiring.. and poping....
I dunno I'm just freaking out because if the stories I'm hearing. I'm heading out this weekend and will report my findings. And my exhaust sensor popped out on me once already, during a climb, no code set and pulled the same.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reflash honestly no big deal, it has nothing to do with high end hp at all. Weather you get it of not it's not going to change your life.

Top Bottom