2011 summit etec issues

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (10 members and 0 guests)
blastoff, pipeliner72, teeroy, potter, maxwell, Longhorn, imdoo'n, mxracer328, AkNomad, LID
Lots of peeps peeeping here including myself...

Yep, very curious...havent heard of any issues till now. Lucky so far with mine, but too much work and not enough play time either, so who knows?

jimxp

Reaction score
anyone get the update yet... if so, does it feel like less hp??

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't pull harder either. All it does is takes away a slight hesitation when jamming the throtle when you are over 4000ft. No difference below 4000

HIGH ROLLER

Reaction score
Got 400 k on mine no issues yet. Find that it is a high reving sled in the trails though tends to reve really high something that im not use to

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a guy in cranbrook was having a bit of problems with his egt light coming on ended up changing two or three egt probes good to go now but 800 km's on mine and no problems at all except for my skis peeling off haha

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got 400 k on mine no issues yet. Find that it is a high reving sled in the trails though tends to reve really high something that im not use to

mine too, i find adjusting the clickers from parking are to alpine is a must. Small price to pay i guess, but something Im not used to as well

Canadian JR

Reaction score
Had the reflash done, the only thing I noticed was that the max rev limiter is now at 8250 rpm up from 8150. The mid rpm stumble is still there sometimes but not often.
950kms on the sled now, all hard deep mountain riding, stock clutching sucks, cause clutch temps over 240 degree F. Two blown belts and two worn out spring tower cap bushings. Fighting with dealer to fix and cover under warranty.
Fuel mileage is very good but oil usage is high at 20:1 average over the 950kms
Gearing down, adding more pin weight and installing a different helix is required if you ride hard and don't want to be blowing belts every 200 miles.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the reflash done, the only thing I noticed was that the max rev limiter is now at 8250 rpm up from 8150. The mid rpm stumble is still there sometimes but not often.
950kms on the sled now, all hard deep mountain riding, stock clutching sucks, cause clutch temps over 240 degree F. Two blown belts and two worn out spring tower cap bushings. Fighting with dealer to fix and cover under warranty.
Fuel mileage is very good but oil usage is high at 20:1 average over the 950kms
Gearing down, adding more pin weight and installing a different helix is required if you ride hard and don't want to be blowing belts every 200 miles.

what did you gear to ? how much weight ? what helix? thanks
c

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got 500 k on mine only issue so far was due to the fact there was no oil in the chaincase found it at 190 km when the chain started to ratchet it was covered on waranty
My dealer said all of the sleds that were PDI'd required more chaincase oil this year than normal almost half a bottle.

Jemeda11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got a 2011 800 etech 154. noticed a vibration and occational (cut out) same feeling as going from hard pack to soft powder, anyways i took it in and it ended being my magneto, it has less vibration and seems to run great. my only other concern was i hear track rubbing or slapping. i rode a buddys 146 and his does the same thing he claims this is normal?? it doesnt seem to effect anything but is annoying. any feed back would be appreciated.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like all these sleds are different, Mine hesitates, backfires, blubbers around 6000-6500rpm on the trail up and works great at altitude. With the breakin whe way it is it's hard to tell if the sled actually has a problem or not.
Got the reflash but don't know if it will help or not. I heard all these issues go away after break in.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like all these sleds are different, Mine hesitates, backfires, blubbers around 6000-6500rpm on the trail up and works great at altitude. With the breakin whe way it is it's hard to tell if the sled actually has a problem or not.
Got the reflash but don't know if it will help or not. I heard all these issues go away after break in.

Mine does the same. Today it all of a sudden turned crazy on the trail and had stupid power. Only have 300 km so I don't think it's broke in.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 143 miles and have 48% left on my break in, i guess I'll have to be patient it just doesn't seem natural for a sled to behave like this and it be normal.:confused:

jimxp

Reaction score
ya i notice this chattering is worse than my 09 or 08 summit... but i consider this normaal

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the reflash done on my sled on Friday, and rode it today. Seemed like it lost power? Doesn't do near what it used to.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the reflash done on my sled on Friday, and rode it today. Seemed like it lost power? Doesn't do near what it used to.

That's why I'm not getting the flash. Seems like I don't have any hesitation at elevation do far.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
400 miles on it and its even got stronger, last ride i was down to clicker 1 and still over reving, willl need a solfter primary and more weight needed to hold back the rpm, these sleds work and work hard for out of the box

no issues now, oil and fuel are great, will be adding a 3 inch in the next week

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
400 miles on it and its even got stronger, last ride i was down to clicker 1 and still over reving, willl need a solfter primary and more weight needed to hold back the rpm, these sleds work and work hard for out of the box

no issues now, oil and fuel are great, will be adding a 3 inch in the next week

We need to ride together, show you what a new chassis will do compared to your old converted trail sled technology. Get a decent chassis and a clutch that isn't junk ....or stay home. LOL.

Top Bottom