2011 summit etec issues

jimxp

Reaction score
ok guys lets hear it,i cant be the only one here with wicked heat problems,clutch problems, blowen belts and hesitation that is still blamed on break in period. anyone gear down yet, im thinkn of dropping to a 20 or 19/45

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
650kms no problems. It gets hot on the trail if i don't pull off to the side or drag my feet for a while. If you have a blown belt your dealer should take your clutch apart to see if the sliding half bushing is worn.

schiermnultra

Reaction score
I have about 300 km on mine and have been noticing a mid range hesitation or bog. I have talked to a friend and he tells me he is having the same problems and then also told me that BRP has a computer re-flash update to fix the issue.

svdstar

Reaction score
My 154 came with 19/45 gears. No real heat problems. The machine runs great, seems to get better as I get closer to full break in. I'm going to throw a bit more weight to it this wknd to keep the revs dwn a bit.

jimxp

Reaction score
i have just got the update flash.. they said it wont fix the hesitation, theres 2 types of etec owners.. some have no problems and others like me, i get them all..... lol time will tell.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have 950 km on mine, and have noticed the hesitation. waiting for dynamo joe to get a kit out for it.
I haven't blown a belt yet, but the first one was starting to have threads showing, so I put my spare belt on. but it had 750 km on it too. And I ride it quite hard.
I have also noticed the heat issue. I keep my eye on the gauge and when its getting hot, take off and play a little bit.
Besides that, I love this sled! Put a MBRP can on it, and it sounds wicked!

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got 500 k on mine only issue so far was due to the fact there was no oil in the chaincase found it at 190 km when the chain started to ratchet it was covered on waranty

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got 500 k on mine only issue so far was due to the fact there was no oil in the chaincase found it at 190 km when the chain started to ratchet it was covered on waranty

You would think the PDI should have found that. I would be P1ssed, espescially when that is worked into the price.

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how? throw anything in there for the day.

or did it destroy the chain and gears

Too much heat stretched the chain destroyed the tensioner alpine cleaned it up put a new chain i was able to ride for two more days they are going to replace gears, tensioner,chain on waranty i am still in negotiations with them for motel bill and trail pass.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
forsure. is the chaincase oil done on the pdi or just inspected on the pdi

would the pdi not check to see if there was oil in the case, if not, would they not add. seems like the old check the sheet thing happened. see that lots

unless i guess a seal problem?

Last edited:

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
forsure. is the chaincase oil done on the pdi or just inspected on the pdi

The oil is supposed to be filled in the factory and inspected on the pdi its a bummer cause i always check my oil i didn't on this one cause it was new and i would have had to take out the plug instead of just pulling a dipstick.I looked at the pdi and they checked it off as being ok!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The oil is supposed to be filled in the factory and inspected on the pdi its a bummer cause i always check my oil i didn't on this one cause it was new and i would have had to take out the plug instead of just pulling a dipstick.I looked at the pdi and they checked it off as being ok!

then it must have been ok :d where did you put it? LOL

bummer forsure hope you get your $ back.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score