2011 Rocky Mountain Snowmobile Show Red Deer - This show is NOT an ASA Show

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please DO NOT confuse the ROCKY MOUNTAIN Snowmobile & ATV Show in Red Deer on September 16-18, 2011 with the REAL ASA Show in Edmonton on Oct 21-23.
ROCKY MOUNTAIN Snowmobile & ATV Show in Red Deer is NOT associated with the ASA nor are any of the profits/money from the Red Deer Show going back to the ASA or into snowmobiling.
They are a private company looking to copycat the ASA Shows and running away with the profits...
So I would ask that you do not attend the Red Deer Show as the snowmobiling community will not see any money back from the Red Deer show.
Instead please attend and purchase your equipment from the Edmonton ASA Show on Oct 21-23 as all the profits will go back into snowmobiling from the Edmonton Show.

Well we have the paper work now for the new "2011 Alberta Snowmobile Associations (ASA) 24th Annual Sled/ATV Show Oct 21-23/2011"

There is ONLY 1 - ASA Snowmobile/ATV Show this year in Edmonton on Oct 21-23. The ASA is hosting & Promoting this Oct 21-23 ASA Snow Show and all the profits from this show goes right back into snowmobiling

The Edmonton ASA Show on Oct 21-23, 2011 will be at the Edmonton Expo Center (Northlands Agicom just with a new name now) in halls F,G & H.
Friday Oct 21, 4pm - 10pm
Saturday Oct 22, 10am - 6pm
Sunday Oct 23, 11am - 5pm
Contact info 780-667-6355
Email - info@albertasnowmobileshow.com
Website - ASA Show information on the ASA Website.

It looks to be close in size and number of booths as the 2010 show which was a sell out so expecting this year to be a sell out also.

All 4 major manufactures will have 4 mega booths (70' x 50') with many Dealers selling clothing and equipment in the 24 huge booths (40' x 50') with clubs and product being offered in 150 regular booth (10' x 10') so a huge show with something for everyone.

So would greatly appreciate your support in not attending the Red Deer Show but instead showing your support to the snowmobiling community by attending and purchasing your supplies and equipment from the Edmonton ASA Show on Oct 21-23, 2011, at the Edmonton Expo Center (Northlands Agicom just with a new name now) in halls F,G & H so all profits will go back into snowmobiling for all of us... Thanks

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you very much for this Brian. Keep the profits into sledding for Albertans. Make the ASA stronger they need as much help as they can get. Some very heavy issue going on now and for the years to come.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:eek:what? are we not allowed to see what is happin in red deer, a month in advance of asa show. i'm not sure what to say here, sure don't like to be told what to do or not to do. may attend both shows, or may not. but thanks for the info. can't see red deer being a large presence or take much away from the big show in edmonchuck.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:eek:what? are we not allowed to see what is happin in red deer, a month in advance of asa show. i'm not sure what to say here, sure don't like to be told what to do or not to do. may attend both shows, or may not. but thanks for the info. can't see red deer being a large presence or take much away from the big show in edmonchuck.

and the parking is free or maybe 3.00

i think he was just saying why give our money to someone else when we could give it o an association that actually suports alberta snowmobiling and give back the proceeds to the clubs.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i really don't see the problem. what are they afraid of. i thought red deer was a small market. personally the sled clubs do not promote themselves, and asa has very little visibility in the area. maybe get the word out to the peeps, never hear about asa unless they are looking for money. other than the sled show we never hear anything about them. a web site that sucks, ah i better quit now as i'm getting wound up. how about some kind of presence from the asa. seems like a secret society only a few know about.

move the show to red deer then, bus everyone.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i really don't see the problem. what are they afraid of. i thought red deer was a small market. personally the sled clubs do not promote themselves, and asa has very little visibility in the area. maybe get the word out to the peeps, never hear about asa unless they are looking for money. other than the sled show we never hear anything about them. a web site that sucks, ah i better quit now as i'm getting wound up. how about some kind of presence from the asa. seems like a secret society only a few know about.

move the show to red deer then, bus everyone.

this is actually a pretty good idea. Parking and admission sucks in Edmonton. Way too expensive. Take your wife and you are down $60 before you walk in the door. Add a tank of gas and a hotel / meals and I could buy a new set of skis online instead of going to the show.

If it is in Red Deer, easy day trip for Calgary and Edmonton people. Cheap parking as well.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the dealers that will be at the red deer show probably support the asa in one way or another by advertising in there monthly magazine we all get if your a member i don't think boycotting the red deer show is going to help our clubs if we don't go many of them give a lot of money to the clubs that put on the yearly jamboree with cash and prizes with all the dealers in the red deer area the show might be better than the calgary one if the red deer show has a good turn out may be the asa might consider moving it there and have one big show for all of alberta this would save the manufactures and dealers a lot of money by having one show and they could make it a 3 day

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i say screw edmonton, emma can show her new tatas at the red deer show, big boost in attendance. could go with a theme as such "boobs and sleds".
still bugs me that there is very little asa presence in red deer area. some secreat club activities, they very rarely have any notification or mention of anything. make a presence or lose it i'm thinking.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I thought the ASA was involved in both the Calgary and Edmonton shows. Didn't the ASA have a big booth at the Calgary show last year just after you walked in the doors? I thought the Red Deer show last year was run by a private company promoting skiing, boarding and sledding. Is the ASA running their own show this year like they do in Saskatchewan so more money stays with them or are they hiring a company to do it?

Jan

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Someone has to say it......if the Calgary show was supported like the Edmonton show there would not be a problem.

The Red Deer scenario has been kicked to death. A decision was made by the ASA to hold one show and due to the numbers, Edmonton was chosen hands down.

Someone in the private sector feels there is reason or money to be made with a show in Red Deer, all the more power to them and good luck.

I will go to Edmonton and support the ASA. To me, my choice is quite simple!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The Red Deer show exists simply to spite the ASA, it's a political thing as many issues are.... the ASA changed show management for the betterment of the interests of the society.... the management group dumped decided there was too much potential for proffit and in an effort to "stick it to to the ASA" has decided to hold a "private show"....

Asking people not to attend a local show might be too much, but if you do attend please remember that any proffit from that show goes to a for proffit corporation as opposed to the ASA....

Far as the show in Calgary, it doesn't make financial sense... for a number of years the Calgary show has lost money, the effort and cost of arranging a second show has anually eaten away at show revenue. I understand it sucks for the people in Calgary but it's a necessary evil... the efforts and cost normally spent on the Calgary show are being invested into the Edmonton Show to make it bigger and better.... Hell I'm local and I will still be grabbing a hotel and making a weekend out of it...
Dropping the Calgary show was not what the ASA wanted however in the best interests of the organization it was a move that needed to be made...

I don't speak for the ASA... I but I'll pass the same info allong to the S&M peeps I do to our club members....

So Larry, have a beer, relax, check out the RD show... just keep in mind that it is a private for proffit show as opposed to a ASA event....

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Red Deer show exists simply to spite the ASA, it's a political thing as many issues are.... the ASA changed show management for the betterment of the interests of the society.... the management group dumped decided there was too much potential for proffit and in an effort to "stick it to to the ASA" has decided to hold a "private show"....

Asking people not to attend a local show might be too much, but if you do attend please remember that any proffit from that show goes to a for proffit corporation as opposed to the ASA....

Far as the show in Calgary, it doesn't make financial sense... for a number of years the Calgary show has lost money, the effort and cost of arranging a second show has anually eaten away at show revenue. I understand it sucks for the people in Calgary but it's a necessary evil... the efforts and cost normally spent on the Calgary show are being invested into the Edmonton Show to make it bigger and better.... Hell I'm local and I will still be grabbing a hotel and making a weekend out of it...
Dropping the Calgary show was not what the ASA wanted however in the best interests of the organization it was a move that needed to be made...

I don't speak for the ASA... I but I'll pass the same info allong to the S&M peeps I do to our club members....

So Larry, have a beer, relax, check out the RD show... just keep in mind that it is a private for proffit show as opposed to a ASA event....
maybe if the calgary show wasn't in late november you would have got more people going. by that time, lots of peeps have already been to the edmonton show, or ordered their stuff online. many people are riding by that time, not looking to see what they can get for the year, casue they already have it. either way, doesn't really matter now.

Burns

Reaction score
How about rotating a single show through Edmonton, Calgary and Red Deer for 3 years and see which one does best...

Top Bottom