2011 Polaris Rush 800 L@@K

Lanko

Reaction score
How is an A arm front end based on a trailing arm from 15 years ago????.That sled looks rediculus, It will never lend its self to a mountain sled as the leverages caused by streaching out that system will require it to weigh a ton... Good job polaris you have a firm grip on last place

Just a guess but I think Ryeser was referring to the body design not the suspension design, but thanks for the time line on the phasing out of trailing arm suspensions.

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I'm not a fan. Don't like the front end look. Looks too much like the Indy. I don't think it is going to be the answer to Polaris' problems and last grasp to try and change their line like they are hoping for. They may have changed their ride quality, I'm not sure I've never spoke to anyone that has rode one. But from what I have heard straight from people at Polaris is that they are having huge problems with their 800 engine. If this is true, then this is definately not going to help their rep..

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are kind of ugly. Got a chance to ride the current 600 rush at our media ride a week or so ago, pretty fun machine for a short track. Eats the bumps and corners flat, no ski lift at all. That 600 pulls hard too. Does need studs though, so you can slow down a bit before the corners.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a guess but I think Ryeser was referring to the body design not the suspension design, but thanks for the time line on the phasing out of trailing arm suspensions.

Sorry Scotts, was talkin about the body design, everyone that has rode it says there is nothing else like it on the market for comfort...I do not like the design either, just wanted to comment that it is based on the old XLT design, not copying the DOO. Maybe the engine problems will make them in last, but the handling and comfort sure is hard to beat.

Last edited:

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's either that or an '11 assault for me next spring. This submarine Yamaha has cost me $$$ for suspension repairs for the last time!!!:surrender::mad:

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
airplanes are inspected wwwaaaayyy more ofete than sleds for structural failure though

well agreed to a point but that is also the owners responsiility to inspect their ride for flaws or defects before and after riding

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take a close look at how the doors on your truck are held on to your chassis!!!!
Ever seen them fall off? nope.Its glue. get it? Been in use forever, works great and lowers wieght and production costs.

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do I do with this structural bonding when I need to replace a piece, or when it breaks (due to smackin into a tree or somethin stupid) I haven't seen this stuff on the shelf yet. Having said that, I haven't been looking for it either.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do I do with this structural bonding when I need to replace a piece, or when it breaks (due to smackin into a tree or somethin stupid) I haven't seen this stuff on the shelf yet. Having said that, I haven't been looking for it either.

Sharp utility knife and a scraper.

3m tape the grey stuff i believe. It is strong.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it looks cool! but i dont like how they changed to that ugly real suspension , when they already had stuff that worked! i do like the fact that they put the 800 in it tho! i dont think its "the future of snowmobiling!".

Top Bottom