2011 Polaris Pro Rmk 800 Mods

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha, so get beat up for a chitty review on SW and now come here???

Funny, everytime you talk to a doo fan the numbers keep going up and up and up, but yet to see a stock head to head dyno of the two same day same conditions. But since all you are worried about is the dyno numbers, I guess you won't care how impressive they ahve been on the snow already....

FYI, we have both a PRO and an etec sitting in our garage. BONE stock. after break-in, I will let report exactly where each is better.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally someone running two stockers against each other. Are they both apples to apples sleds?
Can't wait for this one.

shellnekov

Reaction score
dynoed my etec doo today, came in at 166.1 with a can and ypipe mod, nothing else, ran it on the scale and with a full tank of fuel and oil sled came in at 529lbs

lets here how the pros are

i was out riding with two last week, and they have no chance with staying with the etec, like 20hp less

Doo's are for people who prefer hyping HP to rider skill. See ya on the hills and you can bring it!! All 180 Horseys

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally someone running two stockers against each other. Are they both apples to apples sleds?
Can't wait for this one.
I will have handlebar guards on mine hopefully this week since the other one has them, I put a tether on it too so they still match. He does have quick clickers on the TRA and a tunnel bag, both will be running slidekick scratchers.

Hope this helps, two pretty wild mod sleds at low elevation making what should be full power with nothing to gain racing each other.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess what i meant is not cosmetics. Are they both bone stock performance wise? This will tell the truth, then we can all just go and ride the guts out of whatever we spent our big bucks on. I like all the sleds myself, it all comes down to what you like and how the dealer you purchase from treats you. God knows i spend at least 50k per year at polaris, and they have treated me pretty good so far.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been there done that. Had a S/C Apex and then went to a Boosted Nytro. Lots of power but not as fun to play on, especially when you ride your sled not only in the mountains. do a lot of pipeline/powerline riding too. It also sucks when no one else has boosted sleds, it gets old fast when they can't keep up. It was fun while it lasted. Now i take the stockers and try to outclimb the other stockers. More challenging and actually alot of fun too.
Oh, and i do have 2 big quads as well.
It's only money and it don't take long to hit 50k either.
enjoy your riding time

ProRmk800

Reaction score
Anyone running a jaws lightweight silencer on there new 2011 800 polaris?

And Has anyone tryed Slp single pipe and Dyno Jet Power commander V fuel controller like to hear how there working?
Thanks

depthcharger

Reaction score
Been there done that. Had a S/C Apex and then went to a Boosted Nytro. Lots of power but not as fun to play on, especially when you ride your sled not only in the mountains. do a lot of pipeline/powerline riding too. It also sucks when no one else has boosted sleds, it gets old fast when they can't keep up. It was fun while it lasted. Now i take the stockers and try to outclimb the other stockers. More challenging and actually alot of fun too.
Oh, and i do have 2 big quads as well.
It's only money and it don't take long to hit 50k either.
enjoy your riding time

X2....leave her stock and then anything you do when playing with the other modded sledz looks priceless, and believe me, with this sled it is soooo possible to make the turbo's and mods look like they wasted a bunch of money!

rmr1964

Reaction score
i bit the bullett and installed the pipe and commander. it took less than an hour to put on and fit perfectly.ive only drag raced it in fernie this past weekend and placed 2nd in the improved stock 800 class. out of 10-15 sleds i only lost to a very well set up xp with a high comp head.it ran flawlessly and i cant wait to try on sunday in the mtns.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's my thoughts of the pipe. Its was orignally stated that they would get 11HP out of the new pipe which was reduced to 7HP for the production pipe plus you have to run a programmer and this costs you about $1000 bucks. Alot cheaper ways to add HP. I too had my name on one and declined after some consideration.

rmr1964

Reaction score
i would tend to agree with your statement however when you consider the fact that the torque is also higher than stock and at least slp is being yery honest about their production pipes. it made a huge difference in the midrange and also the top end. i had to increase the clutch weight to 68 grams in order to keep the rpm at the recomended 8200. otherwise it would instantly hit the rev limmiter.i will report on track speed increase after i ride this weekend. will try and post pics also.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would tend to agree with your statement however when you consider the fact that the torque is also higher than stock and at least slp is being yery honest about their production pipes. it made a huge difference in the midrange and also the top end. i had to increase the clutch weight to 68 grams in order to keep the rpm at the recomended 8200. otherwise it would instantly hit the rev limmiter.i will report on track speed increase after i ride this weekend. will try and post pics also.

Oh I don't disagree with you at all, but when you consider bang for you buck that pipe combo is expensive. $1000 pipe and programer getting 7hps is 142bucks/hp. I spent $1250 on my set up and I got 60HP thats $20 bucks/hp.

Question though, What elevation are you riding with 68grams. I too are hitting rev limiter with my specialty X silencer.

rmr1964

Reaction score
riding at about 5-7500 ft.. if you dont mind me asking what did you do that gave you 60 hp for 1200 bucks?

polaris69

Reaction score
Well thats nothing freddy, we were out today after dyno runs on our pro's of 167 each, then me and my buddies both doubled our fat girlfriends up a steep and deep where there was some azz hat from medicine hat stuck on a e-tec about halfway up, you know, where it starts getting steep. So we stopped and said hey azz hat, show us your dyno sheet. He was trying to roll it over but he couldn't get it up on one ski by himself. We were gonna help him but he was way too miserable, s we decided to leave him there and continued up the hill. Too be honest tho freddy we didi have to sidehill a bit to get started again. It was great riding up on top, never did see any e-tec fellas up there, i think they were all at the bottom of that one big hill u had to get over. It worked out tho cause they had a hoot all day showing everybody their dyno sheets and doing group doo hugs.

Compared stock 155 pro to 154etec in mcbride,6 pulls polaris out marked doo all 6 times. We even let the e tec try a new rider on the last three pulls! nuf said.

barrone

Reaction score
How many km on etec, broke in??? I know they have a break in period, does the polaris have a break in period as well. (I am a skidoo rider wanting a polaris), so want a fair comparison.

Top Bottom