2011 Polaris Pro Rmk 800 Mods

SSABMUD

Reaction score
Was going to do the chaincase and 3", but now I hear they hook up pretty good stock, so I will probably put a turbo on instead. I am sure that would be plenty! Now which one?:confused:

bighole1818

Reaction score
HM Turbos has three different turbo'd options for the 2011's. We have a Water-to-air intercooled kit for the big boost guys with "all the bells and whistles", featuring our horse power building self sustained water-to-air intercooler, plus an air-to-air and a non-intercooled kit. All will use the aero 66 turbo, and are backed buy our years of experience on the RMSHA race circuit and in the mountains. Call for details @(406)273-6111

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HM Turbos has three different turbo'd options for the 2011's. We have a Water-to-air intercooled kit for the big boost guys with "all the bells and whistles", featuring our horse power building self sustained water-to-air intercooler, plus an air-to-air and a non-intercooled kit. All will use the aero 66 turbo, and are backed buy our years of experience on the RMSHA race circuit and in the mountains. Call for details @(406)273-6111

Any install pictures?

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my parts back from powder coating, and the reassembly is progressing. It should be back together by the weekend.
IMG_9421.jpg

IMG_9423.jpg

IMG_9427.jpg

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP is done development of a new pipe and is going to be starting production.

We are extremely excited about how the 2011 Polaris 800 single pipe development is coming along. It is showing great horsepower and torque gains on the dyno (11.1 hp & 6.1 ft/lbs of torque). This kit will consist of a pipe and silencer (no y-pipe), therefore the price will be reduced from what we printed in our catalog...; new pricing will be $579.95. We are currently working on production tooling, and based on the prototype pipe and silencer, it looks like we will be able to shave about 6 pounds off as well. This pipe set will also require the use of a DynoJet Power Commander V Fuel Controller. Click the link to view the most current dyno chart
http://www.slp.cc/2011%20Polaris%20800%20with%20SLP%20Single%20Pipe.pdf

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweet, i wonder how many guys will get one this season? Can i say backordered. Not bad HP and TQ #'s tho.

rockydaug

Reaction score
Is it me, but what is the horsepower number, sure it's a gain of 11 horse but what are they getting for a base, is the base 140 or 145 or 150? just curious that all?

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it me, but what is the horsepower number, sure it's a gain of 11 horse but what are they getting for a base, is the base 140 or 145 or 150? just curious that all?
Polaris does not want SLP to specify HP as their HP numbers are poor in comparison.

The way I see it. You buy a new 800. Pay $1000 more to get parts to bring the HP up to meet the competition (or at least get closer). All this extra cash because Polaris messed up their engines the last 2 years and is now hoping to at least get a reliable engine with less ponies. What a joke. And I am a die hard Polaris dude. Polaris is still trying to catch up to DOO and CAT. I don't know why I wait and hope for Polaris to get back in the game with the complete package that meets or beats the competition. The new Rush and RMK will not beat the competition. They are good but Doo still has the better riding sled and better engine. If I did not hate the DOO and CAT looks and feel I would switch. I know Polaris is on the right track. Just dissapointed the engine is not on par. If it had 160 HP like the rest...I would have bought one this year. I'll wait for next year again.:(:(:(

shellnekov

Reaction score
Polaris does not want SLP to specify HP as their HP numbers are poor in comparison.

They are good but Doo still has the better riding sled and better engine. again.:(:(:(

I had an 08 and 09 XP hoping that each one would ride better than the last.Due to change in skid geometry. The XP is the WORST riding sled ever produced. Period. Along with being a belt eater.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The way I see it. You buy a new 800. Pay $1000 more to get parts to bring the HP up to meet the competition (or at least get closer). All this extra cash because Polaris messed up their engines the last 2 years and is now hoping to at least get a reliable engine with less ponies. What a joke. And I am a die hard Polaris dude. Polaris is still trying to catch up to DOO and CAT. I don't know why I wait and hope for Polaris to get back in the game with the complete package that meets or beats the competition. The new Rush and RMK will not beat the competition. They are good but Doo still has the better riding sled and better engine. If I did not hate the DOO and CAT looks and feel I would switch. I know Polaris is on the right track. Just dissapointed the engine is not on par. If it had 160 HP like the rest...I would have bought one this year. I'll wait for next year again.:(:(:(

the power to weight ratio between the poo and doo is identical in stock form. Just so you know. 20 horse less but 33 pounds lighter. With the 11 horse gain and loss of another 6 pounds with the SLP pipe they are waaaaaaaay out front.

shellnekov

Reaction score
Nice, these Rmk's are gonna beat the pee out of every Xp piece of sheet out there. Can't wait.

rockydaug

Reaction score

So who says that DOO and CAT have the horsepower that they say, I've seen dyno runs on both that says different, DOO-147 hp, CAT-152 hp.

sks1

Reaction score
and for u horsepower hounds we will have Turbo kits ready for the 2011,s in the next month or so......if anyone is interested...

BD

to much money yoi u have to be high to pay that for a turbo one for my duramax diesel is less than half f of that tt

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats your opion, for me its great, and to many many many others, if your an newbee it can be a lot of sled

I had an 08 and 09 XP hoping that each one would ride better than the last.Due to change in skid geometry. The XP is the WORST riding sled ever produced. Period. Along with being a belt eater.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dynoed my etec doo today, came in at 166.1 with a can and ypipe mod, nothing else, ran it on the scale and with a full tank of fuel and oil sled came in at 529lbs

lets here how the pros are

i was out riding with two last week, and they have no chance with staying with the etec, like 20hp less

So who says that DOO and CAT have the horsepower that they say, I've seen dyno runs on both that says different, DOO-147 hp, CAT-152 hp.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dynoed my etec doo today, came in at 166.1 with a can and ypipe mod, nothing else, ran it on the scale and with a full tank of fuel and oil sled came in at 529lbs

lets here how the pros are

i was out riding with two last week, and they have no chance with staying with the etec, like 20hp less

Well thats nothing freddy, we were out today after dyno runs on our pro's of 167 each, then me and my buddies both doubled our fat girlfriends up a steep and deep where there was some azz hat from medicine hat stuck on a e-tec about halfway up, you know, where it starts getting steep. So we stopped and said hey azz hat, show us your dyno sheet. He was trying to roll it over but he couldn't get it up on one ski by himself. We were gonna help him but he was way too miserable, s we decided to leave him there and continued up the hill. Too be honest tho freddy we didi have to sidehill a bit to get started again. It was great riding up on top, never did see any e-tec fellas up there, i think they were all at the bottom of that one big hill u had to get over. It worked out tho cause they had a hoot all day showing everybody their dyno sheets and doing group doo hugs.

Top Bottom