2011 nytro

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi there. New to site. Have a new 2011 nytro and I enjoy the tree riding and hills in the trees. Wondering if anyone has any tips on aftermarket skis or tweaks to the machine they have found helps at all. Appreciate any feed back. Thanks.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
look into the skins front end for the nytro.... havent personally tried one but the reviews have been good. trax 2 treadz is a vendor on here that deals with skins

a couple priceless tips is to take some air out of the floats and narrow your stance by inserting the spacer on the other side of the spindal on the ski

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Already narrowed the skis. Was runnin apex before and only had nytro out once. Haven't played with air psi on it yet. Runnin 100 psi on track and 90 psi on skis. U got suggested psi? Headin to Montana for 5 days and was goin play with adjustments there.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gettin it done during summer. Goin with the 270 hp kit. Sure love the how nimble it is compared to my apex. Throws around a lot easier.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
The new Skinz front end works wonders for the Nytro, we have two Black's in our fleet one a 08 and the other is a 2011. The 08 is equipped with a K mod rear suspension and the 11 with a Timbersled. My personal favorite is the K mod but we are also still getting some bugs worked out of the 11 so it's probably not fair to try and compare the two currently. Both setups do drop and ton of weight off the rear when compared to stock, and trenching has been drastically reduced. So far my back loves the new setups. We know every one says they are spendy, but the single best upgrade you can do to a Nytro is Skinz running boards. No more kicking, stomping or needing to carry a hammer to break ice off your boards. Your feet stay planted where you need them to be. The strength of the boards is better than stock, so saggy boards are a thing of the past. The Skinz family has Nytro MTX's for personal sleds so they have done a ton of development on parts for them including and leading up to the Black project.
Here are a couple of pictures of the 08 Black including a close up of the front end.

NytroFrontSuspension.jpg NytroSideShot3.jpg

Last edited:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Skinz offers the “Black” concept snowmobile build for the Nytro. The “Black” is a concept of transforming a snowmobile into a purpose built snowmobile for the specific conditions it will be ridden in. The new 2011 Nytro MTX 153 machines will include a gusseted front sub frame, Camoplast Challenger Extreme tracks, under tunnel exhaust, freeride seat, black powder coated tunnel, Airframe running boards, Concept front suspension w/Evol R shock package, Timbersled rear suspension, Airframe hood, OFT Racing wheels, and many more features. They also retrofit Nytro's for customers as they did with our 08.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty groovy that's for sure!!

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. Defiantly gonna change my stock one a lot as I can see.

Last edited:
Top Bottom