2011 M8 Sno Pro Warm Start Issue

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recently my sled has been a real pain to start after it has been fully warmed up. Starts in 2-4 pulls when it's cold or has been sitting around for longer than 20 minutes after being warm. But if I let it sit longer than a minute or 2 after shutting it off warm, it will often take 10-15 pulls to get it started again. Sometimes if I tap the throttle while turning it over, I can get it to start in 5 or 6 pulls. The problem seems to get worse when the sled is on a slope facing downward.

Only modifications are Boyesen Reeds and a can. When the sled is started, it runs like a dime, no hiccups whatsoever.

Is it just that there isn't any fuel getting to the engine right away? Or what kind of issue am I facing here?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited:

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like me and you have the exact same issue my sled also runs like a top but is very hard to start. I'm really thinking its caused by low compression. First thing I would do is get it tested and go from there.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just give a bit of throttle on thefirst pull it will start every time.

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like me and you have the exact same issue my sled also runs like a top but is very hard to start. I'm really thinking its caused by low compression. First thing I would do is get it tested and go from there.
Yes I've heard it might be low compression as well, might need a top end rebuild. I'm heading to Valemount this weekend so I'll see what happens and try to get it tested sometime in the next week or 2 after.

Just give a bit of throttle on thefirst pull it will start every time.
Ya that seems to work, but you shouldn't have to give it throttle to start if the engine is EFI, right?

Top Bottom