2011 everest 800etec break inn

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i got a 2011 everest with a etec that had a new short block put in with the piston recall done.will it have to be broke in like a new engine?would it go back to break in mode?do i just drive it?thanks guys...

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ecm won't know that the short block has been replace, unless somehow the ecm was reset/flashed. I would check with the dealer who did the recall for you and check with them. Then there should be no warranty issues. Heck get it in writing.

But it wouldn't hurt to break it in with whatever method you prefer to break it in. I won't suggest anything as everyone has their own impression on how to break in a new motor/top end.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a piston recall? What models/serial number are affected?

Sent from my Desire HD

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what i was told why the engine was done,he had a whole rental fleet done.i got it from glacier house resort,it is in real nice shape with about 1900km.

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what i was told why the engine was done,he had a whole rental fleet done.i got it from glacier house resort,it is in real nice shape with about 1900km.

Well I deal with the same dealer Alex does and I have heard of no recall....I own a 2011 8oo etech too and have 1000kms already hmmmmmmm.........

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the dealers name,i would like to give him a call and see what was done.thanks

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must be a secret warranty as I haven't seen any bulletins on it.:confused:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just checked Bossweb on my laptop. The only engine related bulletin for 2011 was for the 600 Ace engine and no bulletins yet for 2012 so I'm saying someone is misinformed.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i dont know why, emailed rtr no responce. o well fresh short block,should be ok...

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glacier House...that guy may not be telling the truth. Milton and I can speak to how sneeky those peeps can be...I hope it works out but I would love to open that up and see if it is actually true. Could be the truth..hmm

Last edited:

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i transfered over the warranty to my name and the printout that came said a new shortblock was insatalled at rtr in kamloops.dont know why, but hopefully they do good work.dont think they would want a bad name due to bad work,we will see....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i transfered over the warranty to my name and the printout that came said a new shortblock was insatalled at rtr in kamloops.dont know why, but hopefully they do good work.dont think they would want a bad name due to bad work,we will see....

Haven't hears anything bad about their shop. The owner is a standup guy.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im sure he is,im not worried about it.the sled fires up normal seems to idle nice should be fine.....i hope......

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No need to stress. Shortblocks are pretty straightforward as long as there are no leaks. Oh and you have warranty.:D

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just made a post about a campaign on the 800 etecs, there is a piston replacement on right now.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well there you go,mine had just over 2000km and thats what i was told the reason for the short block was...thanks

Top Bottom