2011 etec pistons, any photos?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got the call from the dealer that my top end is done, well sort of.... The reed valves need replacing due to a chip out of the corner, I specifically asked them to look at them as Daryl Baker had feathered edges on his at similar km's (2500-3000).

Soooo are guys looking at the reeds during the rebuild?? I recommend it.

i am interested in this reed thing. Not to sound ignorant or anything but i have logged on over 5000kms on mine and just pulled them out yesturday. they are mint condition, no chips or feathering. Heck even seated against the cage still. Did skidoo make a change on these?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well finally I got the pictures. The Reeds are shot with cracks through them and a chip on the corner. The dealer found this same problem on the next 5 sleds they did. I expect if this is normal, we will see a recall for the E-Tecs for reeds.

The pistons looked good and there looks like they definately have not been running lean.

I was out this week end and the sled could not pull the clutching I had last season. Down to about 7500 rpm. Maybe the break in mapping, the extra oiling and the heavy snow??

Time will tell.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 197
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 196
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 195
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 195

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am interested in this reed thing. Not to sound ignorant or anything but i have logged on over 5000kms on mine and just pulled them out yesturday. they are mint condition, no chips or feathering. Heck even seated against the cage still. Did skidoo make a change on these?

Is yours an E-tec or P-Tek?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
teth, could your ware be from all the nitrous you ran threw the sled, or is that still a secret...lol i have been told

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
teth, could your ware be from all the nitrous you ran threw the sled, or is that still a secret...lol i have been told

I wish! that would be fun. but really I would hate the idea of always having the tank empty. haha

Top Bottom