2011 Disappointment

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So these are the views of a disappointed mountain sledder for 2011....

yamaha......why do I do this every year...waiting for that all out 180 hp four stroke outta the box....am I saving my money for nothing??

Polaris....well....:nono:

Skidoo....etec....yawn...wheres the mountain line up...its the core of there business please make me excited in a couple of weeks....

Cat...wellllllll here is speculation 190 hp??? Will my doo dollars or yamabucks turn to lean green this year...seems this is the only company that is listening to its mountain segment riders...it is starting to show on the hills....

thoughts????

Last edited:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So these are the views of a disappointed mountain sledder for 2011....

yamaha......why do I do this every year...waiting for that all out 180 hp four stroke outta the box....am I saving my money for nothing??

Polaris....well....:nono:

Skidoo....etec....yawn...wheres the mountain line up...its the core of there business please make me excited in a couple of weeks....

Cat...wellllllll here is speculation 190 hp??? Will my doo dollars or yamabucks turn to lean green this year...seems this is the only company that is listening to its mountain segment riders...it is starting to show on the hills....

thoughts????
Don't think mountain sleds are the core of any lineup. Way more machines sold out east .

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
Don't think mountain sleds are the core of any lineup. Way more machines sold out east .

yup... like 4 or 5 TIMES as many sleds out east... I feel your pain though! What would you do if a sled company actually manufactured the PERFECT sled for you... you would have nothing to talk about on S&M regarding next years sleds...

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo's e-tec will keep us riding two stokes though. If it wasn't for doo's technology we wouldn't be riding 'rider forward sleds' we wouldn't be riding sleds much under 500lbs, and in a few years we may have all be forced to ride four stokes. Doo invented the factory mountain sled, dpm, rave valves, the only thing they didn't have first was fuel injection. (maybe not the only thing) The XP was the only sled to be designed as a mountain sled first, trail sled second (its true!) Id say Doo does the most for our sport.
GO DOO!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
while i have to agree the 150HP range has been around for 10 years now and its getting boring i wish one of the manufactureres would get close to 200.

but you most likely wont see anything cool from a manufacturere haha.

especially in mountain sleds. beleive it or not its a niche market compared to out east like mentioned

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo's e-tec will keep us riding two stokes though. If it wasn't for doo's technology we wouldn't be riding 'rider forward sleds' we wouldn't be riding sleds much under 500lbs, and in a few years we may have all be forced to ride four stokes. Doo invented the factory mountain sled, dpm, rave valves, the only thing they didn't have first was fuel injection. (maybe not the only thing) The XP was the only sled to be designed as a mountain sled first, trail sled second (its true!) Id say Doo does the most for our sport.
GO DOO!

you are 100% correct. brp is the only manufacturer that pushes the limits and does R&D and trys new things. look at the xp. perfect example of a revolutionary chassis.

now look at cat and polaris....that chassis has been out FOREVER and its old. rider forward? no.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats very true doo seems to really steer the none fourstoke sector.I think the cats are a good realiable machine, not cutting edge by any means, Polaris is a poor copy at best.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you look on Doo's website they have a " Summit Drop Contest". Here's a quote from the prize description "For 2011, we will be launching a new model that’s so white hot, it’s top secret. The winner of this contest will be the first non-professional rider to straddle our wild new beast." This new model will be revealed Feb. 23-26 in Orlando at their 2010 product reveal. They have already announced the e-tec 800 in the MXZ, so this could be merely the e-tech 800 Summit or maybe more. Here's to hoping for the maybe more part.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it could most likely be a supercharged 1200 summit. if you look at the castings on the block there is a spot for one to bolt onto. they have been doing it in the sea-doos for years.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The motor doesn't have forged pistons though... And any motor builder will tell you, you need them to add boost. The cast pistons just wouldn't last under that kind of stress. And i don't think they would release the first 20000 dollar sled in this economy. Im guessing it will be something cool but not earth shattering. besides, you can buy any other sled and boost it already that way at least you can buy w/e sled you want, w/e turbo, clutch, skid, etc What would the big deal be to be able to buy one at a dealer. Wow that post kind of just jumped all over the place.

-Foxstar out

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol

hey im just passing on what ive seen and heard.

i agree about the cast pistons

however they will hold up just fine to low boost like what would come from a factory machine.

not to many guys building the turbo doos are changing them out just adding a head shim.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
noooo

just saying i have seen the casting marks in the block for some sort of 'addition"...supercharger. on doo talk this is what they have been thinking. but who knows

but i have seen a couple 1200 turbo doos tearing it up..

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The motor doesn't have forged pistons though... And any motor builder will tell you, you need them to add boost. The cast pistons just wouldn't last under that kind of stress. And i don't think they would release the first 20000 dollar sled in this economy. Im guessing it will be something cool but not earth shattering. besides, you can buy any other sled and boost it already that way at least you can buy w/e sled you want, w/e turbo, clutch, skid, etc What would the big deal be to be able to buy one at a dealer. Wow that post kind of just jumped all over the place.

-Foxstar out

One word: Warranty

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few more words
They won't build BECAUSE the wouldn't want to warranty it.
haha

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is something I don't know much about but wouldn't 5lbs boost put a 130 hp motor at like 155-170 or so?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was basing the motor at 150-160hp ( i really thought it was more like that not sure )

and 1# boost usually = 10hp. sometimes not. but its a general rule.

so 150hp motor + 5lbs boost = 200 Hp +- at seal level

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they're 130. That would put it at 180 and 10hp more than the RT 1million. I wouldn't get excited about that. Guys who bought em would likely be looking to turn up the boost i guess.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm. that sucks.

this kit is making 12.5hp per.lb. so 5*12.5= 63 + 130 = 193hp. even at 5-8lbs you could run this machine on pump gas very rreliably.

but it most likely wont happen lol. pipe dream

SkiDoo_1200_dyno_14psi.jpg

Top Bottom