2011 850 xp

Kashworth

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2011 850 XP, but due to the snow I can only go so far with. It feels great to ride, but I know I will be taking it through the mud and need to know how tall/ wide of a tire I can fit on it on stock height and clutching.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can fit a 30 without a lift. I got 28's on mine and she plows through the snow pretty good.

You won't need to do anything to the clutch, even with a 30. Over on the Highlifter forum people with XP's and 30's either have the stock clutch or they are going back to the stock clutch.

I never had a chance to get my '11 in the mud either. Hopefully it goes through just like mine does in the snow!

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, most likely going to go with a 28" Zilla.

If you get the 'Zilla, go with a new rim. Two reasons for this, if you blow out a tire, you got the stokers as back-up. Also, get a wider off-set. It not only looks bad-ass, but you wont get stuck in most of the ruts made by regular width quads.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but if your not worried about having a blow out you could just buy wheel spacers and accomplish the same thing at a fraction of the cost I believe.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but if your not worried about having a blow out you could just buy wheel spacers and accomplish the same thing at a fraction of the cost I believe.

If your happy with the stock rims then by all means get spacers. If you want a new rim, its cheaper to go with an off-set.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actualy your rims are not that much more than spacers, and the stock XP rims are very FRAGILE shall we say....

Kashworth

Reaction score
Friend of mine has a new set of 14" beadlock rims and 31" outlaw tires he is wanting to sell me. He says I have to do the 2" lift and put a spacer in the SLD. Little more than I was thinking, but his price is right. What ya think?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many do you have, I was looking at picking up another stock set come spring time..

Got 4 tires, unused on the cast aluminum wheels. I can send pics. Got lug-nuts too.

Friend of mine has a new set of 14" beadlock rims and 31" outlaw tires he is wanting to sell me. He says I have to do the 2" lift and put a spacer in the SLD. Little more than I was thinking, but his price is right. What ya think?

850's won't slip the clutch with a larger tire. Many people on other forums are switching FROM an aftermarket clutch BACK to stock with their 30" and larger mud tires. For the 850XP, you cant beat the stock clutch. Guaranteed your not gonna slip.

For a 32, get a CATVOS 3" lift. They are the best looking lift I find and they incorperate the use of the rear sway bar if thats what your in to.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

go for it. I am running 31's with just spring spacers. Just the same as running hd springs. They fit fine just have to trim the back edge of the footwell. If ya do it right it will look like it came from factory with it. No need to clutch these things. they will turn 31's like they aren't even there. The clutch kit is the worst mod i did to mine. made me loose performance. Also no need to do the SLD mod in the 2011's. you will need the 31's for the muskeg up there. best tire i have ever run. or you could go big with a 3" CATVOS raked lift. i regret taking mine off. Have it sitting in the garage waiting to go back on. on the 2011's you can go 9 or 10 wide in the front and 11 or 12 wide in the back on stock rims. But I highly suggest going aftermarket to get more width. Plus most aftermarket rims have a lifetime warranty.

Last edited:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have an idea on how much your wanting for them?

Brokers down in Camrose has 'em for 450. I know it 'aint much of a difference but I'd take anywhere close to 400 (and you won't have to drive as far!). They are brand new wheels/tires and still have the bar-code on 'em. I can send pics if you are interested. :beer:

denseleit

Reaction score
Brokers down in Camrose has 'em for 450. I know it 'aint much of a difference but I'd take anywhere close to 400 (and you won't have to drive as far!). They are brand new wheels/tires and still have the bar-code on 'em. I can send pics if you are interested. :beer:

Ya I'd like to see a pic or pics if you've got

Kashworth

Reaction score
go for it. I am running 31's with just spring spacers. Just the same as running hd springs. They fit fine just have to trim the back edge of the footwell. If ya do it right it will look like it came from factory with it. No need to clutch these things. they will turn 31's like they aren't even there. The clutch kit is the worst mod i did to mine. made me loose performance. Also no need to do the SLD mod in the 2011's. you will need the 31's for the muskeg up there. best tire i have ever run. or you could go big with a 3" CATVOS raked lift. i regret taking mine off. Have it sitting in the garage waiting to go back on. on the 2011's you can go 9 or 10 wide in the front and 11 or 12 wide in the back on stock rims. But I highly suggest going aftermarket to get more width. Plus most aftermarket rims have a lifetime warranty.

I finalized the purchase from my bud today for rims, tires, and a plow. All I need is to get the lift and will be set. Thanks for your advice.

Top Bottom