2011 / 2012 Valemount Info and Updates

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im old school, always called it miledge, the whole area. Probably before lots of your guys time, including Curtis. Sorry, i will try and get with the times.lol.

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in Valemount Wed till Sat had good snow every day just have too find it , Will not be back till it snows more though its like riding in late March imo

Thunder101

Reaction score
Looked at the map. thx, so how far in to get to the riding areas ? Is it easy to tell were the riding area is compared to the closed area? Looks like the peek ?

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after reading multiple reports in all areas of BC i decided to un-hook the truck from the trailer this morning and come to work. I'm gonna wait til the next dump and head back up, even if it's mid week doesn't matter to me. Let it snow!!!!!!

riste

Reaction score
Just got back from there, had a good time at Allen Creek and Lucile mountain. Nice to see some different country even if conditions not that great. Plenty of sunshine and lots of beer. Real thumbs up to the groomers round there. And also to the girls at the pub.

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the conditions we saw this weekend..Horsey Creek on friday the trail up was in average condition if you don't mind bumps, once on top fairly riden out and areas that were'nt, warm weather has settled the snow down to leaving maybe a 6" foot print.
Blue river..Holy Grail on Saturday, trail in was excellent condition good snow starting to set up but still some challenging climbing although flat light kept you tentative on the throttle, still worth the trip in.
Finally westridge on Sunday trail was good condition, still had to shovel in some trenches near the final climb...moderate and steady gets you to the top a lot easier than spinning the crap out of your track:nono: and screwing it up for everyone after you...momentum people momentum!
Anyway not to lecture, riding when you finally do get up was so so, again snow has settled lots with the warm weather made climbing too easy...remember, you still have to turn down sometimes and the higher and steeper the trickier. Some big pulls up there you'd not normally see this time of year, looked like a few good crashes as well.
Remember to take all your parts out you brought in! Still beats the hell out of sitting at home fixing $H!T all weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the conditions we saw this weekend..Horsey Creek on friday the trail up was in average condition if you don't mind bumps, once on top fairly riden out and areas that were'nt, warm weather has settled the snow down to leaving maybe a 6" foot print.
Blue river..Holy Grail on Saturday, trail in was excellent condition good snow starting to set up but still some challenging climbing although flat light kept you tentative on the throttle, still worth the trip in.
Finally westridge on Sunday trail was good condition, still had to shovel in some trenches near the final climb...moderate and steady gets you to the top a lot easier than spinning the crap out of your track:nono: and screwing it up for everyone after you...momentum people momentum!
Anyway not to lecture, riding when you finally do get up was so so, again snow has settled lots with the warm weather made climbing too easy...remember, you still have to turn down sometimes and the higher and steeper the trickier. Some big pulls up there you'd not normally see this time of year, looked like a few good crashes as well.
Remember to take all your parts out you brought in! Still beats the hell out of sitting at home fixing $H!T all weekend.

good point. i couldnt beleive some of the marks i saw this weekend in oasis. purely idiotic. maybe even suicidal

Last edited by a moderator:

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good point. i couldnt beleive some of the marks i saw this weekend in oasis. purely idiotic. maybe even suicidal
Saw the same crazy tracks all over Allan creek on Thursday, especially through Avalanche AllyHey Maxwell. Did you get right to the last bowl in Oasis?

Thunder101

Reaction score
Whats wrong with people ? I have a freind that thinks its fine to just throw his garbage any place ,Im always on his ass about it and often picking his crap up. Its bad enough that I dont like doing much with him anymore ! If people threw their crap any were for the last 50 years what would our lakes and recreation places look like ? I wont mention cities bc these same people would say our taxes will cover the clean up. wtf these peeps piss me off. ,,,rant over :) all better.

ProRmk800

Reaction score
Any fresh snow up top yet? calling for snow for the rest of the week. Everyone rideing this weekend get your snow dance on:)

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats wrong with people ? I have a freind that thinks its fine to just throw his garbage any place ,Im always on his ass about it and often picking his crap up. Its bad enough that I dont like doing much with him anymore ! If people threw their crap any were for the last 50 years what would our lakes and recreation places look like ? I wont mention cities bc these same people would say our taxes will cover the clean up. wtf these peeps piss me off. ,,,rant over :) all better.

Ive had a few heated arguments with guys about garbage. It does no good. Guys seem to be ignorant of the backcountry etiquette. All you can do is take your garbage out, and keep your buddies in line. It is only a matter of time before we get the boot out of the back country, once the greenies see all the debris left behind.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, training is going well, long days, but we are on the home stretch. Hope to be back home by sunday. Excited to get home !

The snow conditions are basically the same all over BC. Little in the forecast before the weekend, so please ride smart this holiday weekend and respect our area boundaries. Please visit our google earth boundary images on our website at www.valemountrecdevelopment.com under riding areas tag to help you out with this. I have a feeling that eyes will be on riding areas in BC from the ground and sky. Enjoy the mountains and play safe. Looking forward to getting back to Vale to begin updating again.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, training is going well, long days, but we are on the home stretch. Hope to be back home by sunday. Excited to get home !

The snow conditions are basically the same all over BC. Little in the forecast before the weekend, so please ride smart this holiday weekend and respect our area boundaries. Please visit our google earth boundary images on our website at www.valemountrecdevelopment.com under riding areas tag to help you out with this. I have a feeling that eyes will be on riding areas in BC from the ground and sky. Enjoy the mountains and play safe. Looking forward to getting back to Vale to begin updating again.
I had been in Climena on the weekend and on the way back from the cabin at about the 13 km point, found a road to the right that a few guys had taken but turned around after a short distance. Was this the turnoff for Morning Glory that you had talked about? Don't hear to much about that area,not many go in there or did I miss the trail in all together. Thanks.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had been in Climena on the weekend and on the way back from the cabin at about the 13 km point, found a road to the right that a few guys had taken but turned around after a short distance. Was this the turnoff for Morning Glory that you had talked about? Don't hear to much about that area,not many go in there or did I miss the trail in all together. Thanks.

Shhhhhhh lol It's awful in there, I recommend to stay out

Sent from a iPhone

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's still a secret?

Sent from my eYefone using Tapatalk

Thunder101

Reaction score
Will be in Val by this time tomorrow , hope the weather man is right :) SNOW BABY SNOW

Top Bottom