2011 / 2012 Valemount Info and Updates

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need to hit couple bigger trees to slow down, that is why I change some clutching so I don't do mach down hill. LOL

Reaction score
Need to hit couple bigger trees to slow down, that is why I change some clutching so I don't do mach down hill. LOL

when its that steep it doesnt matter ha ha. i actually hit a rock on my way down, right at the top. no damage but it threw my sled straight and i couldnt doo much but hang on. i wanted to cut left then right, then go down. oh well.

whiskey_dick

Reaction score
you dipshit citiot retards should learn how to ride your machines before you come to vailmount.... or stick to the family loop
Well this is the story
Please don’t make fun of my writing skills I am not a poet!!

It all started Thursday around noon. I was doing a side hill just along the trail and I pulled on the sled to come up threw some trees. When I did this the sled bogged out which made the sled go flat and fall down the hill. I tried to come up again and the sled would not go which ended up dropping me even farther down the hill. So after this happen my buddy came down to help me and we both worked at the hill all day trying to get out. It was becoming dark, we couldn’t get out by sled and we didn’t want to try to walk out in the dark risking getting in more trouble. Then by radio we told are buddies to go for help thinking that someone would come and show us another way out because we new we weren’t in very fare. It this point we still did have radio communication.

We then made a fire and worked through the night keeping it going and keeping warm. Day light came and we were tired from not sleeping and only drinking and eating a bit. We did have food and water we just didn’t have a lot and did want to use it all. Then the first helicopter came and we thought great here is help. It circled around 4 or 5 times but didn’t land. So we though ok hopefully they will send someone down to show us the way out. Also at this point in time one of are radios had died and my riho was not coming in properly we could not understand anyone. So we did not here to walk out. At this point we were safe and had a good fire. We had talked about leaving and trying to get out but we thought help was coming and when you are in trouble and people know where you are the best thing to do is stay there and not make the situation worse. So because we did not have any communication from anyone or help we just sat there and waited and waited. Slowing eating and drinking what we had, keeping the fire going.

Then later in the day the other group showed up, were we happy to see them. They were not search and rescue but they were someone. They gave us a little extra food and water which was nice. Also because they were fresh they worked on the hill trying to get out and also were not successful so they decided to spend the night with us which was a great help keeping the fire going.

So then in the morning of the next day we decided because we had help, and we were starting to give up on anyone coming to help us that we had to dig deep and get are selves out. We had spent enough time down there without anybody or any help.

Then we started to work at the hill again we got the sled back up to where we were working at the hill two days before. Then around 9AM the first helicopter came and a guy jumped out and we said we need help. His comment was I thought you got out yesterday. We said no we are still here and need help. Then he said we will send another helicopter because we don’t have room. At this point we decided to keep on working at the hill because we did not have a lot of confidence that someone would come and we were getting out one way or another. Then about a half an hour later another helicopter came with constable Moe and Curtis and they help load us up and get us out of there. Thank you for that.

We may have not made all the right decisions but we know we were in trouble and didn’t know how to get out, we had a good idea of how to get out but one of the biggest decisions was to leave the fire or not. We knew we were safe at the fire and we thought if we took the risk of leaving the fire and things did not go our way, we would be taking the chance of get in even more trouble, to the point of never getting out of there.

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly. It can happen to anyone. Can be easy to get crossed up and go where you weren't planning on going. Show some respect.

Live To Ride Ride To Live

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no new snow in 2 weeks. looks like most didnt even ride today. sun got the best of whatever is untouched. we did find a nice pocket with 2 feet that the sun didnt get. allan trail was in great shape today for being so warm

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no new snow in 2 weeks. looks like most didnt even ride today. sun got the best of whatever is untouched. we did find a nice pocket with 2 feet that the sun didnt get. allan trail was in great shape today for being so warm
This is not what I wanted to hear.....anyone else have similar experience? What r the reports in Mileage? Was gonna drive up tomorrow but really have my doubts now till new snow.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lack of new snow and a crazy amount of users makes the trip not worth it IMO. It is just gonna make guys ride where their not supposed to, especially miledge.

Thunder101

Reaction score
are you not suppose to ride miledge ? is miledge not also chappel creek. sorrry Im a dumb ass and really dont know ,,,,,so Im asking :)

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you not suppose to ride miledge ? is miledge not also chappel creek. sorrry Im a dumb ass and really dont know ,,,,,so Im asking :)

Same area, but there is a lot of caribou closure around there and when snow conditions are poor in the riding area, sometimes people can't resist the temptation to ride into closed areas.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, Chappel is the drainage of the riding area.

milledge is the drainage to the south of the riding area. there is a logging road from the highway south of the chappel parking lot, it used to be the backside into Chappel (milledge)
The riding area was renamed a while ago, to avoid confusion. It is closed to caribou.

miledge and chappell are the same area

Last edited:
Top Bottom