2011-2012 polaris cut out

dschwindt

Reaction score
This is exactly what I did when mine was stock with the resistor plug and run a little heavier weights and 700 miles now woithout one hiccup. Now its got a BD turbo so couldnt be happier.

My 12 600 rmk was doing this 2 weeks ago. I took it to my dealer and they scanned it, no codes came up, i told em i wasn't dreaming this bog issue but they didnt change any parts. I took it out this sun, I've run Shell V-power since purchase ,but have my ethanol plug set on the 10% resistor setting as per polaris saying to do that in Canada ( whatever) . Anyway, went for a good run this past sun. First crack in the field, she bogged, I'm just F'ING pissed at this point, so i stop and shut the machine off, i swapped the ethanol resistor to the premium setting and went 80 miles with out a hiccup!. Sled ran allot better, more snap, better throttle response and gained some rpm as well, I'm leaving it just like this now.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Has anyone noticed that at shell the first3 liters of v power gas is not v pow butA lesser grade of fuel Lol (only one hose)So don't fill that small Jerry can on the back of yourSled first , fill a 20 L first or your friends sled first Lol

bensen

Reaction score
My 2012 pro rmk doing the same thing this weekend in Saskatchewan and I have 68 weights in. It only did it twice in 180 miles. Going to check for the loose wire makes sense. I have 400 miles on mine but mostly in mountains where it ran awesome.

Denali

Reaction score
My Pro was doing the same this weekend. The first half tank of fuel it ran great then acted up the rest of the day. I only have 100 km on it and only have used Shell fuel. Resistor didnt change anything. Planning on heading to the hills and looking for a fix before I head out. If I cant get it fixed gonna get rid of it.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your plugs, mine were a little fouled up. I changed them and ran some Polaris carbon clean with the fuel and it perked up again. I find if I'm not running it hard, it will run rough.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some of them are known for running rough in the first 3 hours as this is the break in period. After that it goes away.

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The engines on these may stumble once in a while while in break in. Do not worry about this. Mine did the same and dealer told me that goes away. Mine did go away and no issues since in 250 miles. I use 60 gram weights at elevations of 6.6 to 10 K ft. I run the SBA 144 x 2". Hit the rev limiter at 8350 rpm at the lower elevation which is expected if you honk on er. At the higher elevations I never hit the rev limiter and it runs flawless. This sled was a blast in the mountains.

evil1

Reaction score
I have the polaris tether on mine and its crap!,,it was causing mine to bog, if u just put a little more pressure on it the bog went away,,so disconnected

Top Bottom