2011/2012 Kakwa Conditions

polaris700rmk

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone been out to kakwa since we got this snow in grande prairie. wondering if they got any out there or not yet

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Kakwa last night and it was terrible!! Fresh snow everywhere, rode in flat top meadows/ski runs/the wall/cecil, and there was fresh, deep, trackless snow everywhere and the trail was in decent shape, I wouldn't recommend riding out there til next season, nothing worse than 2-3ft of fresh trackless snow;)

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that's just awful news! Going in in the am just to confirm these reports though

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that's just awful news! Going in in the am just to confirm these reports though
You will definitely have fun, road was in good shape, just before the stetson theres a rough spot that was a little hard on my trailer but fully worth it, thanks again for the track, probably coulda used the turbo out there, mind you it woulda probably just put me further up trees and into worse spots than I got into anyway, couple buddies got back tonight and it still hasn't stopped snowing so I'd say you'll be happy

wyliemarv

Reaction score
Thanks for all the sympathy posts! What a shock! We've been out there for over 20 years between tent camps and trailers. Estimated winds -150-160 km winds. Our trailer was the second in the pictures posted. Back to Kakwa three weeks ago in partnership in a bus with the couple who owned the other trailer in the first picture!! It's good to be back! Endless powder last weekend! Amazing boondocking!!

wyliemarv

Reaction score
Thanks for all the sympathy posts! What a shock! We've been out there for over 20 years between camps and this trailer. Estimated winds -150-160 km winds. Our trailer was the second in the pictures posted. Back to Kakwa three weeks ago in partnership in a bus with the couple who owned the other trailer in the first picture!! It's good to be back! Endless powder last weekend! Amazing boondocking!!​

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will definitely have fun, road was in good shape, just before the stetson theres a rough spot that was a little hard on my trailer but fully worth it, thanks again for the track, probably coulda used the turbo out there, mind you it woulda probably just put me further up trees and into worse spots than I got into anyway, couple buddies got back tonight and it still hasn't stopped snowing so I'd say you'll be happy

Yea I have a few buddies that were in the weekend and are taking time off work again tomorrow to go in. Really stoked to get out again. Last 2 times were a bust. Hope the track lives up to the turbo for a bit haha

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beautiful sums up my weekend, lots of good snow to be had and all kinds of fun, safe riding, hoping to get one more weekend in before we pull camp

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ruts to the staging area were ice yesterday. One guy spun out at the last little hill going in, slid back and put his trailer in the bush. We were able to stop on top of hill heading back...but barely. Careful out there guys.

Top Bottom