2010 XF8 flooding and wont start.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took my cat to the mountains a couple weeks ago, when I got there the headlights stopped working. I assumed it was no big deal and probably just a fuse or something. So I rode for two days with no issues, but on the third day the sled wouldnt start. Pulled the pipe to change plugs and it was full of gas which seems like somethings definitely wrong. After changing the plugs it still wouldnt start, and it was -30 so I didnt feel like messing around with it on an open trailer so I just went home the next day. I figured the weather might've had something to do with it but after thawing out in my garage for a week it still wont start. Could the headlights being dead have lead to another issue? not sure if the lack of electrical load could have fried something else? theres good spark but it seems like its just getting way too much fuel. I haven't had a chance to really dig into it yet so I'm just hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Darrel

Reaction score
take a look at your voltage regulator. When my voltage regulator quit it stopped producing any power. For trouble shouting i disconnected it and fired up the sled. It instantly blew my headlight. cold be giving to much power to your fuel pump and flooding out your engine. my sled also ran perfect for the 10 seconds with the regulator disconnected.

ps my sled was a 2010 M8

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's on the right side of the air box right? With the cooking fins on it? I kinda thought that might be part of the issue since the headlights all went at once. Is there a way to test if it's good? Or just swap it and hope that's it

Darrel

Reaction score
That's the right one. Not sure if you can test them but they are only $60 online. I would try to find someone with a similar sled to swap out.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I have a buddy with an 11 m8 so I'll see if I can borrow his for a quick test.

Top Bottom