2010 summit x low rpm

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remove Cluch bolt. Tip sled on its side.

Fill hole with hot water, doesn't have to be boiling, but some people say the hotter the better

Wrap the clutch bolt threads with teflon tape, getting thicker as you get to end of threads, 2-3 wraps of teflon wrapped in direction of threads so it won't unwrap it when installed into clutch. Don't over do it. Just a few wraps to ensure water does not push pass threads.

Thread in clutch bolt, it will be about 1-2 inches away from touching the clutch surface.

Slowly it builds pressuse and uses hydraulic force to pop the clutch off.

This will make a large pop when the clutch comes free.

You will still have to secure the primary, if you don't have a clutch fork, use a tie down strap.

Oh yeah, don't stand over the clutch. (disclaimer - I am not responsible for any injuries as a result of this method)

it really pops!

Last edited:

BIGHORN 88

Reaction score
Do not think it is fuel as plugs look good and it is not a bog but a miss or stutter always at 7650. Anyone know where rev limiter is?

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can but the removal bolt for the primary and then take it apart by hand and same with secondary if you want but having a press is better

Thanks, the problem was there before I cleaned rave valves. plug wires look good. belt is very good condition which tells me deflection is good and I had adjusted the height. The clutches seem to work well, but i will have to get them checked out as I do not have a puller. Changing the clickers does nothing at all. the weird thing is it happens at the exact RPM (7650) every time. I have tried it under load, with the track suspended ( throtling up very slowly ) and track suapended with brake applied lightly. This happens every time and will never go past 7650 which makes me think electrcal. I will get clutches next. The sled is a beast from start till miss starts. Please keep ideas coming and I will keep you posted.

BIGHORN 88

Reaction score
I took the bolt out on the primary today but was not able to pull it apart. tried tapping with rubber mallet and pulling but no luck. Any suggestions

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok you have the removal tool? It looks like your clutch bolt but a different end. screw it in and remove the clutch assembly... google dynamo jo primary clutch and you will see what we are talking about. The video should help a ton

I took the bolt out on the primary today but was not able to pull it apart. tried tapping with rubber mallet and pulling but no luck. Any suggestions

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had same problem took to dealer after f ing around with everything swaped ecm reprogramed key for sled and boom problem fixed hope this helps

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you will be better off removing the primary unit as a whole, don't try and pound it off. Use the water method to pop it off.

BIGHORN 88

Reaction score
Thanks I think you have a very good point. Sounds like it is something like that, so I will get it into the dealer. Starting to go around in circles here. Have to go out of town for a week. Thanks guys for all the help. It is one strange problem. Will let you know what the problem was. VERRY STRANGE!

BIGHORN 88

Reaction score
Hey guys still have same problem. Had sled in at a local shop ( specializes on XP,S), pretty well eliminated any mechanical problems, even rebuilt the primary. Have an appointment to take it to a dealership tomorrow. I think TURBOSTANG,S idea of ECM and reprogram key might have something. This one has a real brain teaser. Hope dealer can find it. Definatly electrical. ANY MORE IDEAS

Top Bottom