Idle and low rpm issues, 2014 800 etec TSS Instaboost...

RG709

Reaction score
If one of my valves were stuck in any position besides closed, would it cause the sled to idle low and have symptoms of a foul plug at low rpm's? Sled runs like it should at higher rpm's and WOT. Compression is good, new plugs, fuel pressure is good, new fuel filter, new reeds, spark seems good, new plugs, ran diagnostic and no electrical issues. It did show 2 RAVE codes so that's my next step, clean the RAVE's. Maybe I should have checked that before posting this. It will be a job for tomorrow. If that doesn't work I'm thinking fuel pump, pressure may be good but not flow?

Running out of options...

Tks

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stupid thing like the belt being to tight will do the same thing. Check the simple things first

raves can be funky for stuff like this. Take the cover off and start it, see what there doing.

a chipped or cracked reed can also cause this problem.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What oler1234 said. If you pull your rave cover off and start the sled your raves should go from a neutral position to drawn in.

RG709

Reaction score
One rave nut backed completely off and jammed underneath the valve. Might save somebody a little time if they have similar issues. The nut on the other side was also loose.

Top Bottom