Backfiring Issues 2021 turbo doo

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Good day everyone I have had a new development on my doo this past weekend, it all of a sudden started backfiring on the top end 7000 rpm and up, runs perfectly everywhere else but when you hold er to the bars it backfires pretty hard. I pulled the hood off and inspected everything, all connections were good, all intake tubes were connected properly, all the shafts and levers were free not seized and all the vacuum lines hooked up etc. I replaced the plugs and properly indexed them with no change so I am wondering if maybe a fuel filter issue? oh and no codes thrown either, I have googled this problem with no information found on the turbo so I thought someone out there must have had the same problem, anyone?

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine does that as well as a few other peeps I know as well . Not constant but once in a while on a long pull it will backfire

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the t-doos I ride around, including my own, have an occasional exhaust backfire. It only seems to happen when you are riding heavy on the throttle AND chop and squeeze in quick succession. It's maybe a once a day occurrence. I assumed it to be a rapidly changing fuel map letting a bit of unburned fuel into a hot exhaust.

Sounds like yours is doing it much more though.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it backfire and stall? what year is your sled. could be a plugged fuel filter or fuel pump intake

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Can hear it at the start. Does it consistently.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was mine I would tie a fuel pressure gauge to
The bars and take it for a ride

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I phoned my dealer today and of coarse no one has had this issue, they do not think it is a fuel filter issue and I do not think its reeds but good guess on the injector or wastegate cuz it could be a possibility, sounds like its gotta go in to be hooked up to the computer so wish me luck and I will keep you guys posted, thanks for the input, hopefully a quick easy fix.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine has only done it one under hard load for an extended period of time. be sure to let us know what they diagnose it as. Also, how many km when it started acting up?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
1700 kms, I am thinking its gonna be fuel related forsure but I need to get it to the hospital to find out, been a little busy lately so hopefully by friday.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you try disconnecting the shot capacitor???
Sounds fuel related but it also could be electrical, I’ve heard of bad coils, and stators on the 2021’s.
Text me that vid Paul. I will send it to a doo mechanic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Its in at the doctor as we speak, I will keep you guys posted, this blast of snow should help, they can ditch bang er till she pops!

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
No they have not found the problem, they did a full checkup on it and it came back perfect. I will get all of my filters changed and wait till the snow flies so that we can try to replicate it here, if not it has to go to the hills with them to diagnose.

Top Bottom