2010 Spring Break Snowmobile Show

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I"ll post my pics a little later....here is the disclaimer though, it will be mostly Cat.

On a sid enote since I am sure many will look at this post. A great guy by the name of Kendall and a couple others, have taken it upon themsleves to organize a snowmobile race in Vegreville on Sunday. Sounds like the town is supporting it well, and they have their insurance covered!!! It's short notice, but would be great to see a good turnout. All money is paid out!!

Now back to the regularily scheduled programming.

Going to be very interesting to see who gets the sales in 2009/2010. I like what Cat has to offer, and they new Doo colour shcmes are nice. Poo has the fancy new suspension on a fancy new sled and Yammi....well, didn't even see too many people hanging out there. Just my observation.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I"ll post my pics a little later....here is the disclaimer though, it will be mostly Cat.

On a sid enote since I am sure many will look at this post. A great guy by the name of Kendall and a couple others, have taken it upon themsleves to organize a snowmobile race in Vegreville on Sunday. Sounds like the town is supporting it well, and they have their insurance covered!!! It's short notice, but would be great to see a good turnout. All money is paid out!!

Now back to the regularily scheduled programming.

Going to be very interesting to see who gets the sales in 2009/2010. I like what Cat has to offer, and they new Doo colour shcmes are nice. Poo has the fancy new suspension on a fancy new sled and Yammi....well, didn't even see too many people hanging out there. Just my observation.

doo # 1
cat #2
yammi close 3rd
poo sucking hind t#t

just my predictions , but i've been right before:d

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Here are some photos from our tyour of the show...some great looking sleds again this year.

The rest of my photos are located at . There is also a video clip on page two of the new Polaris Rush.

Attachments

• IMG_0515_2.jpg
    IMG_0515_2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0484_2.jpg
    IMG_0484_2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0486_2.jpg
    IMG_0486_2.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0502_2.jpg
    IMG_0502_2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0529_2.jpg
    IMG_0529_2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0535_2.jpg
    IMG_0535_2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0546_2.jpg
    IMG_0546_2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 26

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doo # 2
cat #1
poo close 3rd
yammi sucking hind t#t

just my predictions , but i've been right before:d

Good thing for the edit button...had to correct your slip of the fingers for ya!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some interesting Cat facts.....they lowered prices on Thursday. They now have a kit for that little 85HP Sno Pro racer that takes it up to 135HP!

Going to be REALLY interesting to see which manufacturer comes out at the top of the heap in 2009/2010 as far as total sales go. What I did see is that it looks like all the manufacturers have taken a good hard look at the quality of their product and made some major improvements. If that's what it takes to sell sleds, then this crappy economy should have happened a long time a go. I am happy to see the fit, finish and qaulity of the all the sleds has come up a notch or two. This may sound almost funny at a time like this, but it might be just the right time to pick up a new sled.

Soooo, my perfect sled right now....the Cat F8 Sno Pro limited, which I would extend to 136" with at least a 1.5" track and my own clutching. With that motor pushing around 160Hp stock I wouldn't need to do much to have a lot of fun. Supposed to be one of the most comfortable riding sleds out there.

Would really like to take that Rush for a hard ride too. Just to see if it's all Poo is hyping it to be.

Doo.....love the copper colour....love metalic green more. :p

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I went yesterday aft....seen 'kinght leaving the parking lot....love the copper doo and the black tunnels, also thought that candy metallic green on the cats was pretty cool. Wasn't impressed by anything in the yammie booth except the CR tunnel loved the RZR in the poo booth thought it was cool............BUT WTF WAS THAT ABORTION OF A SLED THAT POO HAD??????....the Rush... everyone was rushing away !!! I thought the online pics were ok... but in person that has to be hands down the ugliest thing I seen ...outside Scotty's weddin pics :p. Looked like some old drunkin Saskatchewan farmer came up with that weld together a bunch of tubes mount a shock up high to kick you in the a$$ and cut up the center section of an old XLT hood and mount it down the middle :rolleyes:

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled show was okay.....
I like the new xp special orders - copper color matte finish, but red kyb shocks on them - wtf?..........

Arctic cat has cool black on black mountain sled also matte finish, and cool "big storage seat, and adjustable handle bars, and big hp from the 800ho.

Polaris mostly unchanged other than color schemes....... Weird new trail sled, like the old rev mxz with a beaver tail..... Good technology behind it.

Yammy has deleted the apex mountain for canada this year!?? Nytro still only 15" wide track but is now in 162" length.

Overall sled show 4 kernels of popcorn out of 6........

did u buy one Ric

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm going for sure! going to play hookey from work, look in to snow check a 600 e-tec for the kidz, maybe, if price is right?

ou should get the kids the new Cat sno pro 500. Nice sled, kids will love it:d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
did u buy one ric

i would love to, but nothing really sparked my eye.... A mix of cat and doo would be really cool......

My ideal 2010 sled:

-xp mountain chassis(164" tunnel) with a little more beef to it
-174x16x3" track
-arctic cat 800(160hp) engine, or the 1000(170hp)
-arctic cat green metallic paint from the 2010's(very cool) / or the black on black matte finish / or the xp copper color(easy to make it an "oilers" sled)
-polaris walker evans shocks all the way around
-xp "x" speedo/altimeter/temp/tach etc. Guage package
-arctic cat diamond drive(heavier duty unit)
-arctic cat led taillite
-arctic cat mountain seat(very comfy and good storage)
-arctic cat steering column
-polaris rmk dragon handlebar
-polaris rmk dragon skid(without all the idler wheels, with the scratchers)
-the xp controls and dess and dpms
-arctic cat front suspension
-polaris rmk dragon rear suspension
-arctic cat color co-ordination(suspension pieces(etc) all painted sled color or matching colors, rather than just "black", and the colored wheels etc)
-xp hoods, panels, w/shields etc.
-yamaha decals, or arctic cat black on black
-yamaha snowflap
-xp drive gears
-xp primary clutch
-arctic cat secondary clutch
-xp reverse
-xp headlites(with "ultra-brite" lite bulbs)
-xp skiis(pilots)
-xp hand warmers
-xp electric start

anyone else with ideas?? Or other combinations??

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would love to, but nothing really sparked my eye.... A mix of cat and doo would be really cool......

My ideal 2010 sled:

-xp mountain chassis(164" tunnel) with a little more beef to it
-174x16x3" track
-arctic cat 800(160hp) engine, or the 1000(170hp)
-arctic cat green metallic paint from the 2010's(very cool) / or the black on black matte finish / or the xp copper color(easy to make it an "oilers" sled)
-polaris walker evans shocks all the way around
-xp "x" speedo/altimeter/temp/tach etc. Guage package
-arctic cat diamond drive(heavier duty unit)
-arctic cat led taillite
-arctic cat mountain seat(very comfy and good storage)
-arctic cat steering column
-polaris rmk dragon handlebar
-polaris rmk dragon skid(without all the idler wheels, with the scratchers)
-the xp controls and dess and dpms
-arctic cat front suspension
-polaris rmk dragon rear suspension
-arctic cat color co-ordination(suspension pieces(etc) all painted sled color or matching colors, rather than just "black", and the colored wheels etc)
-xp hoods, panels, w/shields etc.
-yamaha decals, or arctic cat black on black
-yamaha snowflap
-xp drive gears
-xp primary clutch
-arctic cat secondary clutch
-xp reverse
-xp headlites(with "ultra-brite" lite bulbs)
-xp skiis(pilots)
-xp hand warmers
-xp electric start

anyone else with ideas?? Or other combinations??

Summitric... did you stay up all night to come up with this :d:d Well done, I think you should build it!! :rolleyes: My opinion... maybe cut back on some of the BRP components, eliminate the Polaris hardware, and forget about incorporating the Yami parts. Then.. you might be onto something :d:d

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Scotty, looks like she has lost a lot of weight. That new diet thing must sure be working for her! She must be down to one bale per week now. I guess you don't have to hire that rodeo clown anymore, to distract her when you bring home the groceries. With all the money you are gonna save , you might be able to buy that new Crossfire 8

The new diet is working, the old "See Food" diet never really worked... everything she'd See she'd Eat :rolleyes::confused::d Anyways... she's got that twinkle back in her eye ;) and she's happy now that she weighs a bit less than before, about a deuce and a half less. :)

Anyways it's whats inside that counts... :):d

Oh yah... sled show was interesting.

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I doo like the cat but only because it has the ever so good lookin RIDERS colors.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Overall the sleds for 2010 are pretty much all the same as the previous years, from all manufacturers... with the exception of the AC 500 snow pro (which Cat has been selling that chassis to racers for the last 2 years) and the Polaris Rush. Whether you're yammi, polaris, cat or ski-doo faithful there is alot of great stuff out there. I expected all manufacturers this year to slim down their product lines as the economy is uncertain. Doesn't appear to be so. Lots of choices out there :)

High lites for me were:

AC HCR... hopefully my next sled. Cats riding position in conjunction with the telescopic bars is near perfect? Track Lug durometer is too stiff though.

AC telescopic steering post... that is the slickest piece of engineering. Can be retro fittied to any 07 - 10 crossfrie or m series for $200.00 (parts)

AC Z1 tubo LE ext... the black and candy apple green is simply awesome, same on the F800. Yum.

Doo XP... the copper and black out is beautiful. :) Maybe (maybe) the nicest looking sled at the show (all AC sleds exempt :rolleyes:) Nice to see Doo trying a a few new color schemes :) Last years blue and white xp was the best looking Doo up until now.... IMHO Nice!

Polaris RZR... the orange metallic one with the polished black rims, ;);) I would love to rip it up on one of those.

Yammaha phaser RTX... the orangey / copper and black one with the orange A arms. My boys would love that. Wish it was a bit cheaper though.

AC .. seats on the M's. Very comfy, like the taper up into the tank, piles of storage... could easily stuff a riding buddy in there if you need to get him down from the hill in an emergency :rolleyes:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Yamaha booth looked pretty empty when I was there as well. The new cat seat is cool. You could almost stuff a little kid under there! (Scotty, take note.) The color schemes from Polaris are probably the nicest they've ever put out. I love the matte finishes. Also, on the snowchecked Dragons you have a choice of four colors, and special snowcheck decals. The Assault.... is wicked. Likely my next sled :D. I love the Copper Doo, not crazy about their Everest colors this year. They should've had the white MXZ color scheme available as a summit... that looks sweet. That pretty much sums it up. OH, and about the prices.... I can imagine there won't be quite as many people snowchecking sleds this year... therefore next year around December, January and February, there will likely be smokin' deals on sleds from all four manufacturers. :twocents:

Top Bottom