2010 M8 Snow Pro Reeds?

wants snow

Reaction score
Got a 2010 m8 snow pro starting to get a odd low end bog sometimes when hitting throttle. If i hold the throttle open or almost open when bog does happen it feels like it will bog right out and stall, but i have not tried. Reading past posts and have had a few buddies with 2010 and 2011 800s I am guessing reed valves. I have wanted to replace them anyways and have rage cages on order. How much of a pain are these to do? Any way to cheat to get them out or does the whole front have to come apart? Any tricks/tips to watch out for. Anything stupid to watch for?? Thanks in advance..

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have tried the quick way and trust me when i say just take the air box out ..... not worth the head ache and swearing that goes on

Jayste

Reaction score
I'm thinking of do'in my reeds as well, gonna have my front end ripped apart to change a-arms. Are rage cages the chit, what's everyone using?

wants snow

Reaction score
I have heard they fit and work well. Have also heard 2009 M8 reeds are better than the 2010 2011 ones. Not sure i have never had a sled with aftermarket reeds so i wanted to try a set for myself.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the rage cage in mine and i noticed a difference for sure .... But that might also be cause two petals where completely gone an four more were chipped on the stock reeds .... Thinking I might have chipped ones again cause I'm getting that little big back

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running the Boyesen Rage Cage's on my 2011 as well and have definitely noticed a bit of a difference in how snappy the sled is compared to stock. I've heard good things about VForce3's as well. As for changing them out, mine was done on warranty so I couldn't even give you a hint..

mdwils

Reaction score
Did mine JUST now. Take the air box out. Pull the intake plenum off the throttle bodies. You half to PULL, it seems like it doesnt come out the front, but it does. I didn't have enough throttle body coolant hose to pull the TB's up and forward so I had to undo the clamps and pull the hoses off. You'll find thats the biggest PITA of the job. Straight forward if ya ask me.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's another thing when you go to put the throttle body back be gentle with that coolant line ... I got to rammy with mine and poked a hole in that line on a screw that comes thru the bulk head

Top Bottom