2010 M1000 Belt Alignment Proceedure

08xpx

Reaction score
I have recently replaced motor mount and secondary clutch. I have the alignment bar but don't know how to use it. If anyone knows the alignment procedure I could use a little help. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
There is two bars to align the clutches, the first one is used to set the shims in the secondary. It is a staggered bar and you put it up against the side of the secondary and slide it into the primary and it should just slide into the primary with a couple of thou clearance at the bottom of the clutch. The second bar is put into the secondary once it is opened and then you close the clutch on the bar and it should be long enough to go past the primary. The next thing to do is to measure the distance of the front of the clutch compared to the rear of the clutch, the difference should be 1-1.5 mm greater in the front to allow for engine movement. I hope this explanation is clear enough, if you have a book on your sled it is all shown there as well. Good luck.

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the proper offset bar to use, there's two of them available but I don't have them in front of me right now. One's good, one's NFG.

Top Bottom