2010 cats on website

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They look good. The only differance i could see between the HCR and the rest of them is a harder track. It also says they have increased horse power 10% to 160hp and put in a new light weight crank shaft. I'm intrested to see how those hold up stock not to mention a turbo. Light weight and durable.......wait and see.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
speedwerx has been making crankshafts lighter for a long time, doesn't hurt anything. Will help the sled rev quicker and I think the rpm is raised on the 800's, so thats where the horsepower comes from. Ultimately this engine is gonna still be the most reliable engine and now it's the most powerful. Bold statement? :d

The engine officially makes 157 HP

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They look good. The only differance i could see between the HCR and the rest of them is a harder track. It also says they have increased horse power 10% to 160hp and put in a new light weight crank shaft. I'm intrested to see how those hold up stock not to mention a turbo. Light weight and durable.......wait and see.

Look back at Cats 700 laydown twin (03 to 06). They were arguably the best and most reliable. The current engines are based on the same design, crank case etc., same since '03. The cranks may have been slimmed up a bit this year but I would guess that the duability is the same???

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could be right. i just think that a crank shaft should be heavy duty. I agree that the sled will rev quicker and there will be performance gains but will reliabilty drop. I like the idea of 160hp stock but i don't like the idea that they messed with the crankshaft to make it lighter....It's just a thought.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could be right. i just think that a crank shaft should be heavy duty. I agree that the sled will rev quicker and there will be performance gains but will reliabilty drop. I like the idea of 160hp stock but i don't like the idea that they messed with the crankshaft to make it lighter....It's just a thought.

I would like to know that my Crank is bullet proof as well, after dropping $10,000.00? I'd be happy to lose a few revs if it meant durability? However, I have faith in the boys at Artco, they have been building the strongest bottom ends in the bizz. for many years... in my opinion. :) When Cat came out with their 800 twin in '01 they had a good one. The 900, in '03 was based on the same bottem end. I hope they know what they're doing? The recent 800's and 1000's are based on the same bottem ends as the '03 and up laydown twins.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are companies and racers that have been trimming the weight on crankshafts for years. It's HOW the crankshaft is trimmed that counts. With the extra cutouts you might actually get better oil distribution and better atomization of crankcase fuel. That equals better performance. Fair trade in my opinion. Bet she comes out of the hole super fast. I like it but yes, some good hard miles by real world testers will be the final say.

Think one of those engines will fit in my ZR??:rolleyes:

bullfrog123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1000cc is still around for this yr at least, I only say this cuz they only offer 1 model 1000 this yr:rolleyes:

I am willing to bet that the Cat 800 lightweight crank will still outlast a normal 800 Polaris crank;) The boys at Cat and Suzuki do their own R&D, not letting the consumer do it for them.....hint hint.. The lighter throws on the crank will allow faster revs due to lighter rotating mass.

IMO......Cat won't put out something that they don't or won't stand up to the general public. Now aftermarket pipes, turboes, etc. well that don't count, cuz we all know the motor was produced for stock apps only.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow i think acrtic cat went backwARDS this yeah them colors are ugly oh well should have bought that hcr this year :d

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man that black spring check is SICK, black tunnel is just awesome.

cant cut and paste the pics....

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here you go dick! Big talk for an uneducated punk!

Here is the link if you want to investigate further! Posted March 4, 2009

2010 Arctic Cat Lineup Preview

800 Do-Over

For the serious performance rider, Arctic Cat virtually redesigned its laydown 800cc twin. The 794cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke gained eight percent more power while shedding five pounds of weight. The power goes from 140 to 150 horsepower for 2010. Much of the weight change came from the 4.3 pounds lighter weight crankshaft. That means the engine spins more quickly, which accounts for the noticeable increase in acceleration. You’ll find the engine was fitted with new pistons, cylinders, head and revised exhaust valve reed petals. The electronic fuel injection was revamped and remapped and, of course, the exhaust was redone to accommodate the upgrades.

the arctic cat website states in big letters 160 hp 10% increase go to the source not some chitty right up,

but settle down you will be O.K.

p.s. just because ya moved to Toronto you dont need the big city attitude already, and if so please change your name Albertans and sledders dont act like such clowns

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow i think acrtic cat went backwARDS this yeah them colors are ugly oh well should have bought that hcr this year :d

you still wanna 09 hcr we have one at t+t powersports in bonnyville

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please follow that link, learn how to read, then come back and post your findings. :eek:

Rucky,

Don't get too excited. It's not like your going to buy one.

I believe the colors are nice and there is some performance gains and innoivation.

Top Bottom