2010 cat electrical

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got an electrical gremlin livin in my 2010 boondocker m8. Anyone know what this thing is and what it does? Think it maybe my culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got an electrical gremlin livin in my 2010 boondocker m8. Anyone know what this thing is and what it does? Think it maybe my culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like voltage regulator/rectifier but doesn't really match any of the schematics I've seen. Is it part of the Boondocker kit or the OEM electrical?

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like voltage regulator/rectifier but doesn't really match any of the schematics I've seen. Is it part of the Boondocker kit or the OEM electrical?
Pretty sure its part of the Boondocker kit. Just trying to figure out if its where my problem is. Not familiar with how its supposed to work. I have a pos and neg(i believe) comin into it but have power on both wires comin out, one is low ( test light is just flickering) and the other is strong. Is that normal?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure its part of the Boondocker kit. Just trying to figure out if its where my problem is. Not familiar with how its supposed to work. I have a pos and neg(i believe) comin into it but have power on both wires comin out, one is low ( test light is just flickering) and the other is strong. Is that normal?

http://www.boondockers.com/admin/uploads/Instructions%20-%20Turbo/AC%2010-11%20%26%2007-09%20M8%20Pump%20Gas.pdf

Page 10 of the BD instructions shows a little VR adapter, yours looks a little beefier but might be similar, not sure, they might have just enclosed it. its got the same wires in and out, so that's my suspicion, but its only got 1 set?. I would email BD and see if its part of the kit and if so, whats its function.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
http://www.boondockers.com/admin/uploads/Instructions%20-%20Turbo/AC%2010-11%20%26%2007-09%20M8%20Pump%20Gas.pdf

Page 10 of the BD instructions shows a little VR adapter, yours looks a little beefier but might be similar, not sure, they might have just enclosed it. its got the same wires in and out, so that's my suspicion, but its only got 1 set?. I would email BD and see if its part of the kit and if so, whats its function.

they called it a AC/DC converter... runs the turbo oil pump and intercooler fan. both work when disconnected and just hooked up to a bettery, but not when sleds running and all plugs are in.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they called it a AC/DC converter... runs the turbo oil pump and intercooler fan. both work when disconnected and just hooked up to a bettery, but not when sleds running and all plugs are in.

AC/DC Converter - AKA Rectifier. Should be able to measure AC voltage on input side and output should be DC. Confirm with Boondocker that a standard 25 A, 50V rectifier will do. If you need to replace it, try B&E Electronics just off Blackfoot near Shaw GMC, I buy them there. They're about $8 I think. Ask for a Bridge Wave Rectifier. Here's a little thread on how to hook it up (See page 2 for my posts). https://www.snowandmud.com/snowmobile-chat-14/temp-gauge-install-37597-2.html The ones I get don't have the connection symbols on the side, they are along the edges when you are looking down at it from the top, kinda hard to see but if you look close you can see the ~ symbol on one corner and the + symbol on the other in the pic with my finger. Usually they connect on opposite corners (AC input on either corner and then DC outputs on + and - symbols).

Heres a little vid if you need more info.
how to wire a full wave bridge rectifier.MOV - YouTube

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so replaced my converter/rectifier. one problem was fixed but it seam like there is not enough power coming thru it. any suggestions?? this rectifier, runs my turbo oil pump, egt guage, and intercooler fan, if i eliminate some of them coming off the rectifier, the ones left work, but when all plugged in they all dont work. voltage regulator maybe??

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so replaced my converter/rectifier. one problem was fixed but it seam like there is not enough power coming thru it. any suggestions?? this rectifier, runs my turbo oil pump, egt guage, and intercooler fan, if i eliminate some of them coming off the rectifier, the ones left work, but when all plugged in they all dont work. voltage regulator maybe??

Check input voltage - stator not making enough power?

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What should the volatage be comin outta the stator? can i check this at the regulator ot where is best??

Top Bottom