2010 800 rmk

shiftrus

Reaction score
hey guys i have a few questions regarding my brand new 2010, when i run premium shell gas do i need those ethenal wired hooked together or not? and the 1quart of oil they gave me and told me to put it in 2 tanks of gas for break in, should i split it in half so half a quart for 2 tanks of gas or the full quart in the one tank of gas?

thank you

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
plug wires in for premium fuel only,unplug if your not sure of quality of fuel. dealer will put 1 pint to 5 gallons of gas in tank,this is to make sure your oil pump is working.check oil tank to make sure you're using oil

woodym7

Reaction score
new cats are 100 to 1 ratio for break in....varying throttle no full throttle first tank...then giver..thats a cat though but cant see it being much differnet...better too much oil than not enough........

shiftrus

Reaction score
thanks guys, i don know what fuel they put in there now so ill leave it unplugged but once i fill her up its gonna be shell premium

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told to leave them unplugged for break in regardless of the fuel (richer). After break in, when you run 91 + fuel plug them. I was under the impression that I only mix the first tank. :beer:

thunderjet

Reaction score
I was told by my dealer that with the injection system set up in the 2010 that the top end can be a little lean on oil and they recommend mixing about 1/3 of a litre in every full tank used.

Probably better to be safe than sorry and pre-mix a little.

Top Bottom