2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Continue south past Allen about 10-15 minutes. On the west side of the hwy same as Allen. Can't miss it!!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its absolutely hammering down from clemina to blue river with quarter sized snow flakes:d We got out of chappell at 430pm today and it took 1.5hrs to drive the 60km back due to some heavy traffic caused by accident lines.....

Chappell is finllay over the 200cm mark where we often dig. We probed up to 220cm today. The sun even came out for an hour and gave us one hour of heaven. All the creeks are filled and it was a highway until the 18km mark where the groomer had to stop for the day.

Its dumping on all of our sled areas, thankfully as we really needed it to continue grooming. This is setting up for a great upcoming weekend as the forecast is showing lots of snow for the week

With the added snow is an added avalanche risk. Please play safe and read and understand the avalanche reports @ Welcome to avalanche.ca. Stick to low consequence riding for the next while as this storm settles please.

Attachments

• P1013577.jpg
    P1013577.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 599
  • P1013582.jpg
    P1013582.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 600
  • P1013583.jpg
    P1013583.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 597
  • P1013585.jpg
    P1013585.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 598
  • P1013588.jpg
    P1013588.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 590
  • P1013594.jpg
    P1013594.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 867

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn I need to get back there again maybe a news years weekend is in order:d

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome pictures. i hope you guys get pounded with snow all week. Group of us are heading out thursday for three days of riding.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a bunch; but not on my camera.:rolleyes: The snow was great all weekend. Chappel was crazy deep on Saturday, and with the flat light conditions it seemed like we were always getting someone unstuck from somewhere all day long. Meeting the groomer on the way down was a beautiful site too; the big creek crossing was starting to get pretty exciting when we came out.:cool: It was snowing HARD in Allen yesterday all day, and we went back to some spots that had alot of tracks in them when we headed down on Friday that had pretty much filled back in by yesterday.:d It should be a great weekend for anyone headed up next weekend. We never had any encounters with rocks anywhere all weekend; but did hear from other groups that Clemina was still full of landmines. It was great meeting Oly and his crew and having a couple of beers with them in the hottub at the hotel on Friday nite. You were right about Chappel being "Stuckfest" Oly.

JSR

Reaction score
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!! 3 to 6 of us heading out Thursday after work. Can't wait!

McCAT

Reaction score
We have a bunch; but not on my camera.:rolleyes: The snow was great all weekend. Chappel was crazy deep on Saturday, and with the flat light conditions it seemed like we were always getting someone unstuck from somewhere all day long. Meeting the groomer on the way down was a beautiful site too; the big creek crossing was starting to get pretty exciting when we came out.:cool: It was snowing HARD in Allen yesterday all day, and we went back to some spots that had alot of tracks in them when we headed down on Friday that had pretty much filled back in by yesterday.:d It should be a great weekend for anyone headed up next weekend. We never had any encounters with rocks anywhere all weekend; but did hear from other groups that Clemina was still full of landmines. It was great meeting Oly and his crew and having a couple of beers with them in the hottub at the hotel on Friday nite. You were right about Chappel being "Stuckfest" Oly.

So how did the fatter brother's m work. I also heard that the new RMK PRO owner spent a lot of time digging. He must have a tryout coming up and wanted to get back into shape.:):) I will await pics.

AlbertaSummit

Reaction score
Hey curtis a couple of us are heading up thursday nite. Stayin at willow burl. Would you be interested in riding with us at chappel on friday? Ive been there a couple times. But only when it was socked in. Could use a good guide.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how did the fatter brother's m work. I also heard that the new RMK PRO owner spent a lot of time digging. He must have a tryout coming up and wanted to get back into shape.:):) I will await pics.

It worked OK. I don't think the clutching and BD box were quite right, so he is gonna make a couple calls and see what clutching and fuel numbers he should be running. It was supposed to be dialed in,:rolleyes: but sometimes it went REAL good, and other times it seemed a bit lazy. Dean never had a PRO, he brought a 800 Dragon that the dealer rented him until he decides what he wants to buy for sure. He managed to get about 4 different sleds stuck in Chappel though; and pulled off an accidental Slednecks move on mine once too.:eek::eek::d:d

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
curtis u guys groom wed? i hope cause we re comin up ta murda some pow at chappell, come fer a ride if ya got the time

Top Bottom