2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was lots of snow left on Sunday at the back of Allen.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303168855.557267.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303168855.557267.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 438

AndyBaily

Reaction score
Has anyone been to Clemina or Chappel as of Sunday or monday? I'm coming tomorrow morning and wondering what the trails and conditions are like? I'm bringing a friend that has never been and hoping to really back up all my bragging. Help me make the right choice.. where should I take him?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For ease of access, I would say Allen Creek. At clemina the first few km of the hydro line trail are quite bare you will most likely have to drive up the clemina road and there is really no room at the snowline for vehicles....sucks.

Chappell should have great snow, but will be bumpy. We hope to groom here for the weekend, but we will have to see.

Allan has the shortest and best access to the snow ! It will be groomed again on Wednesday night

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to Clemina or Chappel as of Sunday or monday? I'm coming tomorrow morning and wondering what the trails and conditions are like? I'm bringing a friend that has never been and hoping to really back up all my bragging. Help me make the right choice.. where should I take him?

Was up Chappel Sunday, The snow was really starting to Harden Up towards 6:30pm and the trail wasnt too bad the last climb up into the alpine was pretty rough but thats only a short Distance.

It really doesnt matter where you go its awesome for April riding everywhere.

AndyBaily

Reaction score
Thanks guys. We ended up going to Chappell today. The sun was shining on the way up but the weather moved in as soon as we got up there, cycling sun every once in a while:) The snow was pretty wet and heavy but we managed to find quite a bit of untouched. The trail was pretty rough. It kicked my a$$. I think we'll probably try Mcbride tomorrow. Thank you everyone for the feedback :)

Happy Spring!

Tristan88

Reaction score
wanted to come up this weekend for last ride of the season just wondering what visibility has been like up top and if the trails were stilll half decent any help would be a^preciated

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As it is sitting now:

Allen will be groomed up tonight and maintained throughout the Easter Weekend:d

Chappell Creek will be groomed on Thursday night for Friday/Saturday (depending on user numbers, we may regroom Friday night)

Please remember this is VERY late in the spring for grooming operations. It has been freezing at night and hopefully the trails will hold up well. Please remember we are grooming for your enjoyment and ease of access and be understandable as we do what we can with the weather and circumstances.

Enjoy the SUN AND SNOW
:specool:

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As it is sitting now:

Chappell Creek will be groomed on Thursday night for Friday/Saturday (depending on user numbers, we may regroom Friday night)

Please remember this is VERY late in the spring for grooming operations. It has been freezing at night and hopefully the trails will hold up well. Please remember we are grooming for your enjoyment and ease of access and be understandable as we do what we can with the weather and circumstances.

Enjoy the SUN AND SNOW [/B][/SIZE]:specool:[/QUOTE]

It's not said enough.....thanks for all your hard work :beer::beer::beer:

indyguy

Reaction score
As it is sitting now:

Enjoy the SUN AND SNOW
:specool:

Any chance of Clemina getting groomed or is the trail muddy now?
Heading out this afternoon and trying to decide where to ride first.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any chance of Clemina getting groomed or is the trail muddy now?
Heading out this afternoon and trying to decide where to ride first.

I do not believe clemina has any access from the staging area. I could be wrong, but it will be very patchy at best. The FSR is plowed to a resident home only, and there is NO parking at all. I do not recommend driving up the road. I would stick with Allen and Chappell if i was you.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far up the trail is the snow on Clemina? You can still park in the lot and sled up though can you not? Just not gonna be good for the sliders.

Top Bottom