2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our grooming season has now come to an end. On behalf of The Valemount Area Recreation Development Association (VARDA) and all the Valemount Businesses, I would like to offer a sincere Thank You, for riding in Valemount.
Our little sledding Village relies on your presence and continued support. The dollars brought into our Village by the snowmobiling community is our lifeline and main economic driver during the winter months and we sincerely appreciate your patronage.

The VARDA office is open year around, so please do not hesitate to call me for advice on other recreational opportunities in the Valemount Area including offroad adventures, camping, fishing, rafting and amazing alpine hiking/sightseeing. I would be happy to help you set up a summer weekend adventure in Valemount. You can also check out the website at Home - Valemount Area Recreation Development Association for some great information.

Keep an eye out for our ATV Group Ride in mid June !:bike:

To the VARDA / ABCSC members, thank you for your support and we hope you will continue with your membership in the future and convince your friends to sign up as well. Membership is more important than you think on so many levels and is a cheap and effective way to ensure snowmobiling has a strong future in the BC backcountry

The alpine is still boasting an exceptional base and the spring riding is great. Please call the office for advice on access and I will pass along any information that I can. I will keep updating the website as I recieve or gather information relating to snow levels and access

Thank you all for an awesome season. You are a great group to work for :Cool9:

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just want to say thank you very much to Curtis , Varda, and the town of Valemount for making this winter another one to remember! Great job with all riding areas,grooming,cabins,and updates job well done ! Always look forward to trips to Valemount ,I hope after this year and from all the help and support from local businesses we can get more people to sign up or donate to VARDA and the ABC snowmobile clubs once again good job everybody and see you next year!!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I also would like to thank VARDA of behalf of all of us here on Snow And Mud. Curtis and VARDA as well as the town and all the groups did a great job hosting us all there this year for Mountain Mania 4. Was a great weekend and I know for sure lots have returned for more trips.
Lets not bring up the past about the RCMP issues as that was not targetted at MM4. The town doesn`t need anymore negative remarks. DONE ON THAT.

I know that I`m going to plan another Quad/fishing weekend up there this summer. Maybe that June Ride will be good time.

Thanks again Curtis for all your hard work and Harder play with videos. Your posts are accurate and no BS on conditions

Sledneck911

Reaction score
had an awsome weekend!! rode allen sat and sun! got sunburnt it was soo nice!! trail was in awsome shape! thanks varda for all your hard work this winter!!!:beer:

Attachments

• IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 415

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL in my defence we purchased breathalyzers the night before....and guess what we were trying to max em out.

anyone else heading up this weekend?

Last edited:

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
LOL in my defence we purchased breathalyzers the night before....and guess what we were trying to max em out.

anyone else heading up this weekend?

Ever read "I hope they serve beer in hell?" Not only is it the greatest book ever written, but theres a funny story about having your own breathalyzer and how its the worst invention ever created.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry folks, been office bound all week :rant: lol

It sure looks to have snow'd up in the alpine the last couple of days:d but I have no first hand info. Not too many sledders in town, but a good few talking about riding this weekend.

Hopefully some of this weekends riders will post some access and condition info.

I really wont be able to get on the snow again until the 9th:( as Im off to the CAC conference all next week:d

Please post some condition updates if you get em ! :beer:

Top Bottom