2009 s&m boat day

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont know, kinda trying to find out when people are interested, most of us who have replied.....bogger, myself, sledderdoc, toddbd01 are close, and spend alot of time out there anyways, i'm out pretty well as well as bogger, and just seeing if more are interested......the campground like TG said is 35-40 mins west on hwy 16. nice camp ground not bad beach area, nice lanuch , and docs you are allowed to leave boats at over night, any weekend the more the merrier, i know i'll be there boat day or not
is the dock area secure? do you have to remove all the stuff out of the boat at night?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
cool...thanks. thinking aboot camping there instead of doing the hotel thing for ac/dc....might be a plan.

If you want your welcome to set up at my place troy, 35 mins from the city. 10 mins from the lake and if mud duck doesn't sell I might even have a spare boat for TG. you can hook up water/power and we've got bikes/quads as well.

Just a thought.

Wabamun camp ground is $25 a night for a power site and they have approx 300 sites, still a fair walk to the day-use beach area....we're lazy and drive down even when we camp there.

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
If you want your welcome to set up at my place troy, 35 mins from the city. 10 mins from the lake and if mud duck doesn't sell I might even have a spare boat for TG. you can hook up water/power and we've got bikes/quads as well.

Just a thought.

Wabamun camp ground is $25 a night for a power site and they have approx 300 sites, still a fair walk to the day-use beach area....we're lazy and drive down even when we camp there.

TG isn't legal to drive a boat..... just sayin

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just a thought.

thanks bogg, will talk to the chief and see what she says....if we gotta spend cash on hotels i'd rather camp....

did you get a new boat??

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think you need anything to drive a boat yet TG....driver's license and Bob's your uncle....

I'm only 25. When those laws first came out you needed to have one if you were born after September 1983 = Me. I haven't done the test yet but have downloaded the book and have been studying for it.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm only 25. When those laws first came out you needed to have one if you were born after September 1983 = Me. I haven't done the test yet but have downloaded the book and have been studying for it.
ah, gotcha....punk. :d

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The new one, haven't decided on a name yet.... I like the simplicity of "BOAT" but "Liquid Sanity" has a nice ring.....

Attachments

• 100_4246.jpg
    100_4246.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 100_4249.jpg
    100_4249.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 100_4254.jpg
    100_4254.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_4247.jpg
    100_4247.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice upgrade. I'm interested in this sandbar even though my hull won't come anywhere near the sand. We usually stay farily close to the pwr plant area but how much farther is it. I have a couple you kids so we need an area that they can eat, poop, & pee. As i mentioned before we're there for the next couple week-ends.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Nice upgrade. I'm interested in this sandbar even though my hull won't come anywhere near the sand. We usually stay farily close to the pwr plant area but how much farther is it. I have a couple you kids so we need an area that they can eat, poop, & pee. As i mentioned before we're there for the next couple week-ends.

The sandbar I know of is 3/4 the way up the lake toward Seba, large area probably 200' from shore by 75-100 ' wide consistant 2.5-3.5' deep so as long as you trim up and go slow you can anchor right over the bar without touching bottom.

We'll see you out there, If you PM me your # I can give a call when we are out.

Ian

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Good lookin pics Ian, boat looks great ..... nice sloughshark Mrs. Bogger has there! :beer::d:beer:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score

Whats your boat look like ...... we are always at the same place too .... kinda between the powerplants. I have a blue Bryant (no tower :() but on hot days my blue bimini top is usually up. We'll probably be out Sun. :cool:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score

pooping depends on how much shame you have but peeing just jump in and let her flow. i pretty well live on the lake on the weekends, this weekend i will be in the evenings, have some home repairs to do.....but if you seem ma boat, dont be afraid to swing over and say hi., i will be there sunday on the bar for sure though

Attachments

• boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Boating at Wab 047.jpg
    Boating at Wab 047.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 115

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I am busy Fri., Sat. but will try and get Plio, Bogger, Todd and their boats out on Sun. We'll likely have a couple tubes for the kids etc. Will keep an eye out for ya if your planning on being out. :beer::d:beer:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't always have "the nice boat" as you put it, here's the Barney boat i had prior. I bought it in the US for dirt cheap but i just couldn't get over the purple color so i traded her off on the new ride.

Attachments

• 100_2412.jpg
    100_2412.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 51
Top Bottom