2009 28ft Snow King Trailer

dwillowguy

Reaction score
Well last Oct. bought a trailer from Fast Toys For Boys in Davidson Sask. All I have to say is I'm glad I bought the 28 footer....fill's up fast..LOL It came with 9 tie down rings 3 in front 3 in middle and 3 at the back door. It was a pain to tie down the sleds so I ran 24 ft of horizontal e-track down the middle and 24 ft of horizontal e-track along both outside walls...big difference now.Cheapest place I found for e-track was At Fort Garry Trailers...42.99 for 10ft. The skies run about an inch from the center track right now, but starting to tear up the wood from the carbides. Checked into the super track, but pretty expensive as I need 4- 24 foot runs. So was in Home Depot today and found some 6ft pieces of gutter covers, they are ridged about a 1/4 inch and 4 inches wide. They are made of white vinyl and quite flexable. Gonna try and use them for the ski guides..cost was 7 bucks for the 6ft chunk, so for under a hundred bucks should be able to do trailer. The rest of the floor I hope to do with a product called Multi-Tile....1 ft square rubberized vinyl tiles, they are hooked together and will have a non-slip floor.

Will post some pics of project later:) time for a :beer:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
well last oct. Bought a trailer from fast toys for boys in davidson sask. All i have to say is i'm glad i bought the 28 footer....fill's up fast..lol it came with 9 tie down rings 3 in front 3 in middle and 3 at the back door. It was a pain to tie down the sleds so i ran 24 ft of horizontal e-track down the middle and 24 ft of horizontal e-track along both outside walls...big difference now.cheapest place i found for e-track was at fort garry trailers...42.99 for 10ft. The skies run about an inch from the center track right now, but starting to tear up the wood from the carbides. Checked into the super track, but pretty expensive as i need 4- 24 foot runs. So was in home depot today and found some 6ft pieces of gutter covers, they are ridged about a 1/4 inch and 4 inches wide. They are made of white vinyl and quite flexable. Gonna try and use them for the ski guides..cost was 7 bucks for the 6ft chunk, so for under a hundred bucks should be able to do trailer. The rest of the floor i hope to do with a product called multi-tile....1 ft square rubberized vinyl tiles, they are hooked together and will have a non-slip floor.

Will post some pics of project later:) time for a :beer:

just curious......... What are your axle sizes? Did you get the 5000 lb axles??

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
yes i got the 5000lb axles, pull with an 03 chipped cummins getting 17-18 mpg at 120-125 clicks.

i looked at their trailers, and found they had the 28' with 3500 lb axles as the base model..... 4 sleds and gear and "stuff" and you were over the gvw already..... Glad you got the optional big axles! I like their trailers too.........

dwillowguy

Reaction score
Only issue I have is the ramp door seals....they are made of foam and when they freeze up and you open the ramp it tears the foam. Spraying with WD40 seems to help.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
only issue i have is the ramp door seals....they are made of foam and when they freeze up and you open the ramp it tears the foam. Spraying with wd40 seems to help.

get "silicone" spray and use it(napa or canadian tire etc).........spray the seals before and after using it or washing it............. I replaced all my door seals last summer and immediately spray them with the silicone spray and you'll never have problems. I carry 2 cans in the trailer.

dwillowguy

Reaction score
Well after a lot of research....I'm just gonna coat the floor and ramps with a product called Copper II Preservative. It is green color (preserved wood color) and the floor and ramps just soaked it up, put three coats on. It smells like canvas or the outback coats don't mind the smell and if it starts looking bad just sloop another coat on. Oil stains and exhaust stains blended right barely noticeable. Will post some pics later....

:spot:

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I got the 5000lb axles, pull with an 03 chipped cummins getting 17-18 mpg at 120-125 clicks.

You better look back and see were you left your trailer cause @18mpg driving @ 125km/hr your definitely not towing...lol.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
18mpg isn't far off that what i get pulling a four place five sled four guys
plus all the gear just under 16000 lbs f250 sd diesel

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i looked at their trailers, and found they had the 28' with 3500 lb axles as the base model..... 4 sleds and gear and "stuff" and you were over the gvw already..... Glad you got the optional big axles! I like their trailers too.........

We bought one of their trailers in December. three levels of grade stay away from the value hauler it is a piece of junk 2' on center floor joists plywood flexs with your own weight. the auto plus that we bought is better 16" on center floor joists led lights 5200lbs axles car hauler 450lbs hitch weight. we paid 9100 before tax. but don't be fooled they are still a cheap trailer I won't be keeping this one to long.

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the trailer lined inside with wood as well? Sledmamma and I stained ours with Thompson Water seal, rubberized the floor, and added superglides for about 1100$. The glides are worth it, they keep the skis in line when loading as well and they are lifted of the deck slightly so you can wash under them. With it being water proofed inside, tilt up in the car wash and washer out!

dwillowguy

Reaction score
Here's some pics of the trailer as it is now

Attachments

• IMG_2606 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2606 (Small).JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_2608 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2608 (Small).JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_2609 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2609 (Small).JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_2610 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2610 (Small).JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 295

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
That's the same interior as mine.... And you've done lots of what i've done to mine too, other than i like the d-ring tracks you've put in. I added 1 extra lite on the right side of the trailer, and put 3 more on the left side.... My cabinets are at the front and i put the helmet rack where your cabinet is to keep it out of the way of the sleds driving in........ The puckboard on your rail gate might not keep a sled in straight? I used the superglides to keep the sled from sliding sideways if it is on a bit of a sidehill..... Seen it happen:) ..... Good lookin' trailer. You'll want a big shop broom and probably a squeegee too...... just an observation;)

Last edited:

wiseguy

Reaction score
Just finished the floor on mine before Christmas. Painted the floor with a porch paint and then used glides and matting from Caliber.

Attachments

• IMGP1807.jpg
    IMGP1807.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 208
  • IMGP1808.jpg
    IMGP1808.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 210

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's some pics of the trailer as it is now

I bought similar tracking from princess auto in clearance for $5 a length, think they were 4' length. sprayed the floor with linex, ran two strips the length of the trailer so the two rows of sleds drive up them, and the loops we got as well from princess auto for 2.50 ea, also installed supper glides, tie down has never been easier.

Top Bottom