2008 XP with 3200? To many Km's?

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i realli dont like that engine. cousin had one was high marking and was like 50 degree hill and at top it siezed and talk about putting the brakes on. turned out real bad.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not to sure what the culprit was but the crank did let go..this was all before i bought it.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya ive herd different things about that motor its like a 50/50 thing alot ppl say stay away and alot say go for it.... i dunno to be honest. i think i might just stick on my search for an 06 REV. so if you guys know of any lemme know.

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya ive herd different things about that motor its like a 50/50 thing alot ppl say stay away and alot say go for it.... i dunno to be honest. i think i might just stick on my search for an 06 REV. so if you guys know of any lemme know.

PM Thunderr on here he has a sweet 06x with a 151 on it, he has been told not to sell (by me) but he listens like my women;) so I'm sure its for sale!!:d

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i pm'd him. ya so this XP guys is away with work so i havnt been able to see it. still sitting here and there are so many sleds on the market. im still looking at the 06 cause it was basically the best built rev but then the xp's i can only afford the cheaper 08's which have that dam engine in em. like i like both models but i want to best bang for my buck. so i guess its just the right deal that will draw me in.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dirtbiker did you end up buying this sled? I was hounding the guy daily for ph# & address, just last night he emailed me and said it was sold. I can't believe it took even this long to sell. I was hoping to fan $5K under his nose, i'm sure he would've bit.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he never got back to me like ever.. he worked out of town and saud he would call me when he was back in town.... to bad i wanted to get my hands on that sled so bad

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw that sled in Kijiji yesterday.

The 2008's have a good motor. They did the fix 1/2 way through the 2007's production.
As for changing the top end... I don't care what anyone says, and no matter what oil you use and how much compression you have.....

DO IT AT 4000 KM

My pistons looked great when I looked at them, on my 05... which had 4000 k's.. they even had the machine marks and moly coat on the sides of the pistons. Metal fatigue is metal fatigue. My piston skirt failed, and it took a golf ball sized hole in the case.
If I would have freshened the top end that fall... would have saved me 1500$, or even more after I had to buy my buddies beers to haul my sorry azz out.:beer::eek:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just on Kijiji and saw an 08 but i do believe it's different this is one of the S&M members sled, i think it's also listed in the classifieds here. He was asking $7500.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]

Maintanace is the key, LOVE THY SLED AND IT WILL LOVE YOU BACK!! I would never say that it is cheaper to maintain a high mileage sled rather than upgrading to a newer model, but I love my sled and there isnt anything out there yet (e-tec 800r??) that I would rather be riding. :shrug:
Things are very tuff around here in the winter, nothing to doo but wait for fresh pow.:d

What type of maintenance are we talking? I always here people say that they take excellent care of their sled and do proper maintenance so I guess now is a good time to ask what you do to your sled that someone else may not do?

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What type of maintenance are we talking? I always here people say that they take excellent care of their sled and do proper maintenance so I guess now is a good time to ask what you do to your sled that someone else may not do?

First off our sleds don't live in the enclosed trailer all winter, after a weekend of riding the sled go to the garage, they are thawed out and get a quick once over. I try to fix/replace worn parts rather than broken parts.

I wouldn't say that I'm doing things a lot diffrent then the next guy, but going over your machine regulary will help you catch a lot of stuff before things go wrong. I keep things clean and well lubed and in the summer the sleds stay in the garage and out off the elements.

I would sit my 11,000km sled beside any same model sled with a 1000km and let you "try" to tell me which is which! :dontknow:

So in response to your question what do I do that others may not, I guess I love my sled and I treat it like I doo!!:crap:
Can't think of to many worse things then missing a sled trip because the sled won't go!:nono:

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya im still looking for a sled. the right on just hasnt come to me yet. looking for an 06 or up BRP looking to spend around 6000:beer::beer:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isnt yours 2004?

Yup an 04'. Honestly i'll probably keep it, i bought it brand new and it runs like a clock and pulls hard. It would be one of those situations where if i sold it i would kick myself in the you know what. If the right XP deal comes along i would just buy it outright and keep this for a back-up around the farm.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Yup an 04'. Honestly i'll probably keep it, i bought it brand new and it runs like a clock and pulls hard. It would be one of those situations where if i sold it i would kick myself in the you know what. If the right XP deal comes along i would just buy it outright and keep this for a back-up around the farm.

Yes, I wished I would have kept my 2004 renegade X 800 H.O. XPS edition. The best ditch banger ever..... Its really no big deal to rebuild an engine or a clutch, etc. Especially when you are one with the sled. As long as the chassis is good, just rebuild things and maintain it.....

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya well i think i have found a 06 that im prob going to grab. its an amazing looking sled and in my price range and is accully a S&M members :d

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys got another question. ok so the last one was on the 08 engine well i am looking hard at this 06 and it also has 3400 km. Now i have herd nothing but great things on the 06 rev and its the x package and everything. wondering if these machines were good for high milage? The sled has never been rebiult and never had any problems? Thanks :d

Top Bottom